Skip to main content

Knit Crochet Blog Week Day Five

And now for something completely different...

     I sit here, unfinished.  I'm not sure when I came into existence.  I just became.  I have a spine and a limb.  (Part of one at least)  She made most of me in one day.  Then I sat, with a hole, where my thumb should be.  She found more building material somewhere and started my limb.  Then that was it.  She waved a square black totem above me that flashed bright light.  Then I sat with the tools still in my limb.  I was moved a few times, farther and farther away.  Now I'm in the dark.  Alone.  Well, not completely alone.  There are two others near me, but they don't talk the way I do.  I cant understand them.  I do know I'm second.  I have a mate, but I don't know where he is.  I think I hear him sometimes, but he's far away.  He's in one of the places She goes to often.  There is another similar to me here.  He arrived last night.  He is from the same building material as me, but he's not my mate.  I don't understand why I've been here so long.  If she has more material, why is She making more, not like me?  Why hasn't she finished me yet?  Am I wrong in some way?  Have I been forgotten?  I don't want to be in the dark anymore.



     Its my poor cursed second Hermoine Mitten.  As soon as Nerd Wars is done, or I finish the Elf Cobbler cuffs, which ever happens first.  This mitten will be finished and joined with her mate.  Its bugging me, can you tell?  Also I need my US5s back for my socks.


Happy Crafting!
-Q

Comments

  1. That is great! And I am TammyG from NW....I have some socks that might be feeling like that right now...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YOP: Week 30

      I didn't have a very eventful crafting week.  My time was limited and I think the weather is affecting my knitting mojo.  I had to work last weekend so my husband picked up the items from the fair along with the help of our daughter.  It looks as though she was supposed to get a first place ribbon for her earrings but they forgot to attach the ribbon, or it was attached and fell off.  I'll get an official notification in the mail with our winnings in a few weeks.       My garden was looking really good, the peppers and carrots had almost completely regrown.  I made the comment to myself Saturday evening when I was watering everything that "oh wow its all looking really good."  My parents came over for lunch Sunday so I took my mom over to see the garden.  We've been busy so they haven't been over since we put in the raised beds.  Well, the joke was on me.  The deer or whatever it is came back and decim...

YOP: Week 29

    The fair was a success.  My items did well and Liara got some ribbons as well.  We went to the parade on Tuesday, then down to the grounds once it was over.  We stopped by one local vender to grab some jewelry, grabbed some donuts from the Donut Diner then went to see how we placed.  Liara entered earrings that she hand-made with clay.  They did not place.  She entered a beaded bracelet that got first. She also entered three of her drawings.  A Pegasus, a bunny and a magical worm.  The bunny and the worm received third and the Pegasus received second.   The bunny is my personal favorite of all the drawings she's done.  There is always a really good turn out in the drawing and photography categories, so she was up against some stiff competition.  I'm really happy she received some ribbons. My items are as follows: Rotini Beanie; First Enchantress MKAL; First. Sunburst Potholder; Second.  Cow and Hen Dishcloth set; ...

YOP: Week 34

     I did some crafting this week, but it was all for the swap.  I was nearly out of interfacing so I ran over to The Quilt Shop in Watertown.  I'd been there once a couple of years ago and thought their prices were very good considering they are independent and Joanne and Hobby Lobby were both in Watertown at the time.  They have really expanded and have a tremendous selection.  They have more novelty type fabrics now, which is what I prefer for my bags, so I will be going there much more often.... probably too much.  I got interfacing and I found two prints that were perfect for my swapee.  I really wasn't expecting to find what I did.  I sewed a bag with those two prints and two of the fabrics I picked up from Walmart.  The Walmart fabric was acceptable.  Not groundbreaking, but decent enough that if I find cute prints I'll probably grab them.  I finished the handknit earlier today.  I want to steam block it yet, ...