Skip to main content

YOP: Week 30 Lewis County Fair 24

     I wanted to do a quick update about the Fair.  We kept it really low key this year.  I entered 10 items into the fair and we only went one day to just look around.  We refrained from rides and excessive amounts of fair food.  So, onto my entries:

I entered: a sewn tote bag, which I think I blogged about a few weeks ago.  It got first place then went on to win Best in Show.

Sewn Tote with Best in Show ribbon
I also entered the beaded shawl I finished in June, that also won a blue ribbon and went on to receive Best in Show.

Beaded Holden mixed among other Best in Show items
Six of my other items also won blue ribbons:

Liara's socks

Mandy Cowl

Killer Queen Cowl

Clean Windmill Dishcloth set

Sacket's Harbor Mittens and Drops of Spring Fingerless Mitts

The second place ribbon I received for my Hum Beanie is also in this picture.  Then I received third place for Sunset Hat.
The first and second place entries for this class are in this picture as well.

This last one was the only class I wasn't pleased with.  I would have thought stranded knitting would place better than simple cables or block stripes... but it is what it is.  I don't think the judges are super experienced with knitting overall, so they probably don't know the differences in difficulty between techniques.  I'm still really happy with all my outcomes.  I've been hoping to get a Best in Show for the three years I've been doing this and this year I got two!

That's more or less it for this quick update.  We've been busy with appointments and keeping up with house projects.  There has been some crazy weather here recently.  We got some of the aftermath of hurricane Beryl, then just a week later we had a confirmed tornado in Sackets.  It rained like crazy here in Carthage, but luckily, we've avoided the flash flooding and wind damage that surrounding areas have been experiencing.

Until later.  Happy crafting.

-Q   








Comments

  1. What a successful fair!!! Your entries were indeed beautiful and deserved their blue ribbons. Big congratulations to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on all your fair entries and wonderful ribbons. I tend to agree about the judges and knitting. If the judges are not familiar with techniques it makes it difficult to honestly judge entries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations that’s amazing, 2 best in shows and all the other awards. Congratulations! 🙌

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz (Highlandheffalump) I wish I could get this log in fixed as I always forget to sign my posts.

      Delete
  4. All of your items are gorgeous and very deserving of their prizes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Knit Crochet Blog Week Day One

Day One (Monday 11th May): If You Were Yarn. If you were a type or brand of yarn, which would you be? Are you a classic pure wool? Is there extra tension but a bit of bounce in you because of your high twist? Would you be more like a high-maintenance, strictly hand-wash fluffy angora or a ‘bring it on’ acrylic, bravely heading into the world of possible baby-sick laundering disasters knowing that you will always come out bright and unharmed?      If I had been asked this question back in January of 2014 I think my answer would be very different from the one I'm about to give today.  Since that time I have started my second new job and have moved my entire household to a smaller city.  Granted the move was what I wanted, but there has been a transition period for me after leaving everything I'd known and become accustomed to behind after 12 years.  I've made new friends twice, gotten used to different policies and procedures twice.  This second transition has been a bit

Year of Projects: Week 45

    No post last week as we were all down with a nasty stomach bug.  I finally started feeling better on Friday.  I didn't get very much done because of it.  I didn't even get out of bed last Sunday.  I was able to finish the  Sunset Hat .   I think it turned out nicely.  I was worried the Glitter and the Sunset colorways would be too similar, which is why I put the English Rose in between them, but I think the combo works pretty well.  I finished up one more dish cloth; another Star Fish type so I won't post another identical picture.  I've made one more dishcloth since the Nerdopolis tournament ended on the 30th.  We're in a break month now.  I had hoped to get a few rows done on my Holden shawl, but that didn't happen.  I'm going to try to get it done this month.     There is a fiber festival in June, the CNY Fiber Fest, so I'm starting to plan for that.  I went last year and it was very fun.  I've perused the vendor list already.  Many of the one

Year of Projects: Week 11

    I'm actually updating on a Sunday for once!  I don't have too much to update, so it'll be short and sweet.  I had mentioned that I washed and blocked the Drops of Spring Mitts.  I got them off the blockers and took a couple decent pictures outside in good light.  So here they are all finished. I used the smallest size of the three blockers.  The middle size stretched the fabric too much.  Blocking really evened these out and even though I didn't toss these in the dryer to spring the super-wash Mal Rios back into shape it sproinged back all on its own.                        I need to weigh these yet so I can figure out approximate yardage used, but my guess is its not really much of either of the three colors.  I hope to do at least one more pair of these.  I have so many little mini left-over skeins, its a great pattern to get those used up.     I made homemade pizza on Wednesday.  I use  this  recipe in my bread machine for the dough.  It calls for a teaspoon of a