Skip to main content

Knit Crochet Blog Week Day Three


Day Three (Wednesday 13th May): Experimental Photography And Image Handling For Bloggers. Every Year Knitting & Crochet Blog Week tries to feature at least one day where photography takes a key role, because it has been proven many times that what captures reader’s attention for the first few seconds to hopefully hold them long enough to invest the time to read your words is your pictures, and so this topic crops up each year, but every year it yields such different results!


     This is the one I struggle with every year.  I'm pretty simple when it comes to pictures and picture taking.  I do my best to take my pictures in good natural light, in order to capture colors at their truest.  As far as getting all artsy, meh, not so much.  I do like playing with color a bit so here are two skeins of yarn I played around with. 
MadelineTosh DK in Hosta Blue

The yarn label says it all.
     Then there are the fun photo collage makers.  I've used Fotor in the past, but I tend to have uploading issues when I try to put things on the blog.  I just found a new app for the phone called Phototastic Collage.  (Its a Windows app.) 
The last four hats I knit in 2014

Two skeins of dishcloth cotton.
This app would have come in handy for my New Years post...  I could just do that now when I have everyone's attention!

The other three hats from 2014

Three Baby Sweaters in 2014
I'm fairly certain the one collage I was able to post was the 7 shawls I made in 2014 so I won't do that one again.  This app works quite well.  The only downside is that you cant access the pictures on Facebook from inside the app, so make sure you have the pictures you want to use for the collage saved to the phone already.  It's quick though and has many options for backgrounds and layouts.  I'll have to play with this one some more.  
Tune in tomorrow for another topic.  Until later.  
Happy Crafting!
-Q

To check out the other posts from this prompt type 6KCBWDAY3 into google and read what pops up!   

Comments

  1. I saw these come across my FB feed and was like...someone is playing....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! Especially the madeleine tosh one. Brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Year of Projects: Week 13

     I've started my "new" job/contract.  I've worked for this company before, just not at this site.  I brought a few projects with me, but I quickly ran out of yarn.  I've been working on a dishtowel.  I'm combining two patterns to make it.  I'm using the premise of  Stay Put Kitchen Towel  with the stitch pattern of  Lizard Ridge Dishcloth .  I, of course, don't have a picture yet of the towel.  I took my book of postcards and colored pencils with me.  I've colored in two of the postcards in between knitting.     When I got home at the end of the week, I had two packages waiting for me.  I received an angel package for one of the swaps I did a few months ago. The cowl and headband are made from handspun yarn.  They are very soft and pretty.  My angel got me a lanyard set perfect for fall.  The black kitty looks alot like Jangles and the flowers are very fall colored.  There's a pair of snippy style scissors.  I love this style of

Year of Projects: Week 6

I dont have too much to report on the completion front.  I'm working overnights for this contract and I just have no energy.  I tend to stay on my night schedule on my days off and sleep all the rest of the time.  I have been working on some dishcloths.  I pretty much always have a couple going.  I really should have put that on my list of projects for this year.  I've been looking back through past project pages and I'm knitting a few patterns again that I liked knitting the first time.  In the case of the ones I've just done, I've knit these many many times.  The pattern is  Tricolour Dishcloth .  It's in my top 5 dishcloth patterns of all time.  I have the pattern memorized and I enjoy it very much.  It takes three colors and doesnt use much yarn.  It's great for using up small scraps. Its also got a ton of texture, so its very scrubby.  I need to weave in the ends yet but here are the three I did in the last two weeks.

Year of Projects: Week 11

    I'm actually updating on a Sunday for once!  I don't have too much to update, so it'll be short and sweet.  I had mentioned that I washed and blocked the Drops of Spring Mitts.  I got them off the blockers and took a couple decent pictures outside in good light.  So here they are all finished. I used the smallest size of the three blockers.  The middle size stretched the fabric too much.  Blocking really evened these out and even though I didn't toss these in the dryer to spring the super-wash Mal Rios back into shape it sproinged back all on its own.                        I need to weigh these yet so I can figure out approximate yardage used, but my guess is its not really much of either of the three colors.  I hope to do at least one more pair of these.  I have so many little mini left-over skeins, its a great pattern to get those used up.     I made homemade pizza on Wednesday.  I use  this  recipe in my bread machine for the dough.  It calls for a teaspoon of a