Skip to main content

Accidentally in Motion

5⭐️3🌶
I finished the ARC of Accidentally in Motion yesterday.  This one was amazing!  I think it's my favorite of Aeva Vox's so far.  The premise was a little outlandish but the execution was excellent.  The FMC, Whitney, is living in a beautiful Victorian house owned by her uncle.  She will inherit this house under certain conditions.  The primary one being she needs to marry.  She's been against marriage for years because her parents went through a very volatile divorce when she was a child.  The book opens with Whitney and her friends in Vegas on a long awaited girls trip.  The MMC Josh is a tennis player.  They stumble upon eachother in the hotel lobby and hit it off right away.  Whitney's friends come up with the crazy plan of Whitney and Josh getting fake married to fulfill Uncle Peter's house contract so Whitney can keep her house.  It is Vegas after all.  Josh has connections because his own father is a serial filanderer, he's on his 7th marriage and has had quite a few weddings in Vegas.  A whirlwind day happens where Whitney, Josh and the friend group go from stop to stop getting everything needed for a believable Vegas wedding.  Whitney and Josh get to know eachother a little.  The chemistry between these two is palpable and the spice is very spicy and early too.  I really enjoyed the journey this book took me on.  It was hot and then was sweet.  I read it so quickly I didn't even highlight that much.  I usually highlight a lot, especially when I'm reading ARCs.  My only criticism of this book was that it was too short.  I would have liked more time with these characters.  It was a pleasant departure from the last book I read which was way too long and didn't blow my skirt up.  The book releases on Tuesday the 19th, go check it out if you like quick spicy romances that have a happily ever after.

I've been approved for two more ARCs and I've discovered both of them are book two in a series, so now I have four more books to read.  I need to research more before I sign up for these things.  I've been looking into apps to keep better track of these ARCs.  I'll update once I pick one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YOP: Week 29

    The fair was a success.  My items did well and Liara got some ribbons as well.  We went to the parade on Tuesday, then down to the grounds once it was over.  We stopped by one local vender to grab some jewelry, grabbed some donuts from the Donut Diner then went to see how we placed.  Liara entered earrings that she hand-made with clay.  They did not place.  She entered a beaded bracelet that got first. She also entered three of her drawings.  A Pegasus, a bunny and a magical worm.  The bunny and the worm received third and the Pegasus received second.   The bunny is my personal favorite of all the drawings she's done.  There is always a really good turn out in the drawing and photography categories, so she was up against some stiff competition.  I'm really happy she received some ribbons. My items are as follows: Rotini Beanie; First Enchantress MKAL; First. Sunburst Potholder; Second.  Cow and Hen Dishcloth set; ...

YOP: Week 30

      I didn't have a very eventful crafting week.  My time was limited and I think the weather is affecting my knitting mojo.  I had to work last weekend so my husband picked up the items from the fair along with the help of our daughter.  It looks as though she was supposed to get a first place ribbon for her earrings but they forgot to attach the ribbon, or it was attached and fell off.  I'll get an official notification in the mail with our winnings in a few weeks.       My garden was looking really good, the peppers and carrots had almost completely regrown.  I made the comment to myself Saturday evening when I was watering everything that "oh wow its all looking really good."  My parents came over for lunch Sunday so I took my mom over to see the garden.  We've been busy so they haven't been over since we put in the raised beds.  Well, the joke was on me.  The deer or whatever it is came back and decim...

YOP: Week 31

    I finished the tote bag for my co-worker.  It turned out awesome.  I seriously thought about giving her the original one I made for myself and keeping this second one.   I had shown Nancy a selection of fabrics and let her pick which ones she wanted with the alpaca print.  I think her combo came out so nicely.  I finished everything up late in the evening, so the pictures are dark.  I also neglected to take a nice closeup of my fancy new tags.  I have two or three more bags planned out to do in the next couple weeks so hopefully I'll get a little better pictures. I finished the dishcloth I was working on yesterday and started another.   Revenge of Dish Rag Lizard Ridge I'm changing colors for each short row section.  I'm going for a rainbow.  I need to find more black for the ridges in between.      I have another project I should really be doing instead.  I need to dig around and find the yarn...