Skip to main content

Hollow Huntress

4⭐️3🌶
I just finished an ARC of Hollow Huntress by Kathryn Breaux.  It was a solid "okayish" book.  I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it.  The writing was fine, the world building was very good, the found family and banter between the characters was very very good.  The spice was good and there was quite a bit of it, thank goodness, because that was the only thing that kept me going toward the end.  This becme a spite read for me.  The two main characters were not my cup of tea.  The FMC, Mara, is a destructive self-sabotaging idiot.  The MMC, Crew, was a winey little bitch-bag.  I was more emotionally invested in the side characters Bronwyn, Damien and Locke.  Maybe I was reading this one at the wrong point in my cycle but I wanted to reach through the pages and throttle both the main characters at several points in the book.  There is so much miscommunication in this one, and I absolutely hate miscommunication so it really grated on me.  The politics of the angels and demons really reminded me of the first couple seasons of Supernatural.  Angels really are dicks.  This book is long at 650ish pages but not unnecessarily.  A ton happens in this book.  I thought the plot was kind of all over the place.  I really had no idea what was going on toward the end, but I don't know if it was because it wasn't explained well or because I just didn't care anymore at that point.  It ended on a cliffhanger and I honestly don't know if I'll read the next one.  (I probably will only because I need to know if Damien and Browyn get together.)  So like I said, I didn't hate it.  It was an interesting take on an urban fantasy world where angels and demons exist and live among humans.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YOP: Week 29

    The fair was a success.  My items did well and Liara got some ribbons as well.  We went to the parade on Tuesday, then down to the grounds once it was over.  We stopped by one local vender to grab some jewelry, grabbed some donuts from the Donut Diner then went to see how we placed.  Liara entered earrings that she hand-made with clay.  They did not place.  She entered a beaded bracelet that got first. She also entered three of her drawings.  A Pegasus, a bunny and a magical worm.  The bunny and the worm received third and the Pegasus received second.   The bunny is my personal favorite of all the drawings she's done.  There is always a really good turn out in the drawing and photography categories, so she was up against some stiff competition.  I'm really happy she received some ribbons. My items are as follows: Rotini Beanie; First Enchantress MKAL; First. Sunburst Potholder; Second.  Cow and Hen Dishcloth set; ...

YOP: Week 30

      I didn't have a very eventful crafting week.  My time was limited and I think the weather is affecting my knitting mojo.  I had to work last weekend so my husband picked up the items from the fair along with the help of our daughter.  It looks as though she was supposed to get a first place ribbon for her earrings but they forgot to attach the ribbon, or it was attached and fell off.  I'll get an official notification in the mail with our winnings in a few weeks.       My garden was looking really good, the peppers and carrots had almost completely regrown.  I made the comment to myself Saturday evening when I was watering everything that "oh wow its all looking really good."  My parents came over for lunch Sunday so I took my mom over to see the garden.  We've been busy so they haven't been over since we put in the raised beds.  Well, the joke was on me.  The deer or whatever it is came back and decim...

YOP: Week 34

     I did some crafting this week, but it was all for the swap.  I was nearly out of interfacing so I ran over to The Quilt Shop in Watertown.  I'd been there once a couple of years ago and thought their prices were very good considering they are independent and Joanne and Hobby Lobby were both in Watertown at the time.  They have really expanded and have a tremendous selection.  They have more novelty type fabrics now, which is what I prefer for my bags, so I will be going there much more often.... probably too much.  I got interfacing and I found two prints that were perfect for my swapee.  I really wasn't expecting to find what I did.  I sewed a bag with those two prints and two of the fabrics I picked up from Walmart.  The Walmart fabric was acceptable.  Not groundbreaking, but decent enough that if I find cute prints I'll probably grab them.  I finished the handknit earlier today.  I want to steam block it yet, ...