Skip to main content

Year of Projects: Week 53; El Fin.

     I thought I'd do a quick review of my Year of Projects.  I started participating around week 5 so I'm summing up my year from that point to present.  I have 24 project entries on Ravelry.  (If I do several dishcloths back-to-back, I usually only make one project entry, so there are more than 24 individual finished items. 

Direct Link to Goal Post: YOP first post 

I finished:

-3 pairs of fingerless mitts

-2 pairs of mittens

-2 pairs of socks

-5 hats

-2 cowls

-2 baby blankets

-16 dishcloths

-1 potholder

-1 shawl

I have one sock that's going to be frogged and half of another dishcloth that's sitting around because I ran out of that colorway of yarn.  I do have a few other WIPs still hanging about from prior to August of last year.  (We're going to keep pretending they don't exist.)

I made a simple little picture "movie" of my projects, enjoy:



As far as my quickly thrown together list:

I completed 3/5 of my projected projects...

I finished or frogged 1/4 of my WIPs...

I finished none of my sewing goals...

I accomplished one of my knitolutions goals.  I organized my craft closet.  (It's getting messy again, so this should be an ongoing goal.)  We finished none of the listed house goals, but completed others as they came up.

    It's been an interesting year with many changes.  When I started last year, I was working as a traveler at Unity in Rochester.  Now I'm a permanent staffer at Carthage.  I'm back in school taking pre-reqs in-order to get into the MLT-to-MLS bridge program offered at UAMS.  My next few years are going to be action packed for sure.  I probably won't make an official project list for next year, but I hope to post every now and then with whatever I am able to knit in between classes.  Until later, happy crafting.

-Q  

     

Comments

  1. Love your little movie. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little movie was the best! Even with all the changes your goals completed is impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your project movie. What a great idea! Lots of great projects. Please do check in with updates on classes and crafting. I am just so amazed by you taking on getting a degree while working!!!! Wishing you only the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck in your classes. How exciting for you career wise. We will be glad to hear from you when ever you have a chance. Even if it is just to say how school is going.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a productive year! Good luck in your classes. Hopefully you you will be able to pop on from time to time this year to let us know how you are getting on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck in your pursuits! You’ve done a lot of great work on your projects. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely video of all your makes, that’s a lovely way to show your year’s creative ventures. I hope with your new studies you’ll still have time to craft and share with us when you can what you’ve been up to and how it’s all going. Best of luck Liz (Highlandheffalump)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Year of Projects: Week 13

     I've started my "new" job/contract.  I've worked for this company before, just not at this site.  I brought a few projects with me, but I quickly ran out of yarn.  I've been working on a dishtowel.  I'm combining two patterns to make it.  I'm using the premise of  Stay Put Kitchen Towel  with the stitch pattern of  Lizard Ridge Dishcloth .  I, of course, don't have a picture yet of the towel.  I took my book of postcards and colored pencils with me.  I've colored in two of the postcards in between knitting.     When I got home at the end of the week, I had two packages waiting for me.  I received an angel package for one of the swaps I did a few months ago. The cowl and headband are made from handspun yarn.  They are very soft and pretty.  My angel got me a lanyard set perfect for fall.  The black kitty looks alot like Jangles and the flowers are very fall colored.  There's a pair of snippy style scissors.  I love this style of

Knit Crochet Blog Week Day One

Day One (Monday 11th May): If You Were Yarn. If you were a type or brand of yarn, which would you be? Are you a classic pure wool? Is there extra tension but a bit of bounce in you because of your high twist? Would you be more like a high-maintenance, strictly hand-wash fluffy angora or a ‘bring it on’ acrylic, bravely heading into the world of possible baby-sick laundering disasters knowing that you will always come out bright and unharmed?      If I had been asked this question back in January of 2014 I think my answer would be very different from the one I'm about to give today.  Since that time I have started my second new job and have moved my entire household to a smaller city.  Granted the move was what I wanted, but there has been a transition period for me after leaving everything I'd known and become accustomed to behind after 12 years.  I've made new friends twice, gotten used to different policies and procedures twice.  This second transition has been a bit

Year of Projects: Week 11

    I'm actually updating on a Sunday for once!  I don't have too much to update, so it'll be short and sweet.  I had mentioned that I washed and blocked the Drops of Spring Mitts.  I got them off the blockers and took a couple decent pictures outside in good light.  So here they are all finished. I used the smallest size of the three blockers.  The middle size stretched the fabric too much.  Blocking really evened these out and even though I didn't toss these in the dryer to spring the super-wash Mal Rios back into shape it sproinged back all on its own.                        I need to weigh these yet so I can figure out approximate yardage used, but my guess is its not really much of either of the three colors.  I hope to do at least one more pair of these.  I have so many little mini left-over skeins, its a great pattern to get those used up.     I made homemade pizza on Wednesday.  I use  this  recipe in my bread machine for the dough.  It calls for a teaspoon of a