Skip to main content

Year of Projects: Week 49

     Last weekend flew by and I completely forgot to post.  I had a long weekend, so we grilled on Saturday with my parents and brother.  Then we de-cluttered and cleaned the remaining days.  I went through a bunch of my crafting things in the basement and donated quite a few things I don't use anymore.  I got rid of nearly all my straight needles.  I only use circulars and DPNs so there's no need for to me to keep my long staights.  I did keep my short ones as I use those for dishcloths. (A pair of US 5s and 6s.)  I also donated a few skeins of acrylic yarn I wasn't ever going to use.  I had acquired some Lion Brand Homespun yarn and I absolutely hate working with it, so those got donated.  I had some other novelty yarns that also went in the donation bin.  I got rid of all my printed patterns as well.  I exclusively use digital patterns with my Row Counter app, so there's no need for me to have multiple binders filled with paper patterns.  

    I got a "new" desk second-hand and we got that moved into the spare bedroom for me to use for school.  The other thing we've been working on is the big front flower bed.  It's not quite finished yet but its ready for me to start putting plants into once it's the appropriate time to transplant.  I wanted stones in the very back part next to the foundation.  We need to get more to bulk that up a bit.



The last picture is the small bed on the opposite side of the steps we did three years ago.  If you can't tell I really like Hostas.


    Okay onto knitting!  I finished Killer Queen Cowl.  It turned out pretty large, but I think it will be good for cool fall evenings, and extra blustery winter days.  


I've been working out what I'm going to enter into the County fair, so I started my dishcloth set entry.  I used a new mosaic pattern Clean Windmill.  I inverted the two colors for the set.  I do prefer the dark background with the lighter pattern, but I'm happy with the way the set turned out.  




I've also worked more on Holden. 



I finished another half repeat last evening after I took the pictures.  I have 8 beaded rows now.  I need to decide if I'm finishing it or doing another lace repeat.  I'll have to dig up some more beads if I do another repeat, ah decisions...

    Well, that's about it from me this week.  Until later, happy crafting.


-Q 




 

Comments

  1. I love your cowl, and your garden beds look so professional.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be sure to pass on the compliment to my husband as well. He did the bulk of the work realistically.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow. I'm so impressed with your beading. I've never tried. Maybe someday. Love the dishcloth pattern but I think I might get dizzy using them (heehee). Your cowl looks great and would be perfect for fall. Such beautiful flower gardens along your house. Love all the trees in the background. What a peaceful place. I also have lots of hostas as they don't seem to need much care. I'm a terrible gardener.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beading is fun and rather addicting. I use the tiny crochet hook method. Using good quality beads with a consistent opening size really helps. Of course, I'm using cheapo ones I bought ages ago.

      Delete
  3. Love your beaded piece. It is very time consuming but so worth it. Your mosaic blocks are really pretty. The cowl will be super warm and cozy. Good job on the decluttering. I always find it freeing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful garden work and knitting also. I have never tried beading while knitting - hum...maybe that will go on my next YOP list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow all that beading and lace, that’s going to be stunning. Decluttering feels great doesn’t it, someone at the Guild knows someone who is decluttering craft supplies but I’m resisting going to take a look. The garden looks lovely and neat. Do you have some friendly frogs or toads eating the hostas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not eating the hostas…eating the slugs that eat the hostas I meant. Liz (Highlandheffalump)

      Delete
    2. We have quite a few frogs and toads, but I don't think they're making much of a dent in the slug population. The smaller yellowish hosta in the front seems to be more prone to getting gobbled.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Knit Crochet Blog Week Day One

Day One (Monday 11th May): If You Were Yarn. If you were a type or brand of yarn, which would you be? Are you a classic pure wool? Is there extra tension but a bit of bounce in you because of your high twist? Would you be more like a high-maintenance, strictly hand-wash fluffy angora or a ‘bring it on’ acrylic, bravely heading into the world of possible baby-sick laundering disasters knowing that you will always come out bright and unharmed?      If I had been asked this question back in January of 2014 I think my answer would be very different from the one I'm about to give today.  Since that time I have started my second new job and have moved my entire household to a smaller city.  Granted the move was what I wanted, but there has been a transition period for me after leaving everything I'd known and become accustomed to behind after 12 years.  I've made new friends twice, gotten used to different policies and procedures twice.  This second transition has been a bit

Year of Projects: Week 45

    No post last week as we were all down with a nasty stomach bug.  I finally started feeling better on Friday.  I didn't get very much done because of it.  I didn't even get out of bed last Sunday.  I was able to finish the  Sunset Hat .   I think it turned out nicely.  I was worried the Glitter and the Sunset colorways would be too similar, which is why I put the English Rose in between them, but I think the combo works pretty well.  I finished up one more dish cloth; another Star Fish type so I won't post another identical picture.  I've made one more dishcloth since the Nerdopolis tournament ended on the 30th.  We're in a break month now.  I had hoped to get a few rows done on my Holden shawl, but that didn't happen.  I'm going to try to get it done this month.     There is a fiber festival in June, the CNY Fiber Fest, so I'm starting to plan for that.  I went last year and it was very fun.  I've perused the vendor list already.  Many of the one

Year of Projects: Week 13

     I've started my "new" job/contract.  I've worked for this company before, just not at this site.  I brought a few projects with me, but I quickly ran out of yarn.  I've been working on a dishtowel.  I'm combining two patterns to make it.  I'm using the premise of  Stay Put Kitchen Towel  with the stitch pattern of  Lizard Ridge Dishcloth .  I, of course, don't have a picture yet of the towel.  I took my book of postcards and colored pencils with me.  I've colored in two of the postcards in between knitting.     When I got home at the end of the week, I had two packages waiting for me.  I received an angel package for one of the swaps I did a few months ago. The cowl and headband are made from handspun yarn.  They are very soft and pretty.  My angel got me a lanyard set perfect for fall.  The black kitty looks alot like Jangles and the flowers are very fall colored.  There's a pair of snippy style scissors.  I love this style of