Skip to main content

Year of Projects: Week 13

     I've started my "new" job/contract.  I've worked for this company before, just not at this site.  I brought a few projects with me, but I quickly ran out of yarn.  I've been working on a dishtowel.  I'm combining two patterns to make it.  I'm using the premise of Stay Put Kitchen Towel with the stitch pattern of Lizard Ridge Dishcloth.  I, of course, don't have a picture yet of the towel.  I took my book of postcards and colored pencils with me.  I've colored in two of the postcards in between knitting.
    When I got home at the end of the week, I had two packages waiting for me.  I received an angel package for one of the swaps I did a few months ago.
The cowl and headband are made from handspun yarn.  They are very soft and pretty.  My angel got me a lanyard set perfect for fall.  The black kitty looks alot like Jangles and the flowers are very fall colored.  There's a pair of snippy style scissors.  I love this style of scissors, I keep a pair in each of my notions bags.  She also sent me a whole slew of gummy bears and the icing on the cake:
gummy bear stitch markers!  It was a lovely mini swap package and worth the wait.  I also received the yarn I bought for the current swap I'm in.  I'll show off the yarn but I'll keep everything else a secret for now.  I got two skeins of Briggs & Little Heritage.
Its a very rustic yarn that's minimally processed.  It smells so sheepy, but I really like that.  It's a little rough feeling but I'm hoping it will soften once I wash and block the finished item.  
    On Saturday I reorganized my craft closet.  A bunch of non crafty stuff had been stowed in there so I couldn't get to my stuff easily.  Here is the before:
The entire pile in the very front and the wrapping paper doesn't belong in this closet.  I still don't have a place for all those items to go so it might get stuffed back in, but now there will be room for it.  This is after:
I wanted to have all my knitting books accessible.  All I had to do was take out the tote of sheets that didn't belong in there anyway.  I went through everything else that just got tossed in there.  I measured whatever leftovers hadn't been weighted, emptied out a few project bags, then put the new yarn I had gotten into my new yarn tote in the other closet in this same room.  I'd been just tossing things in there since June.  The yarn I got at the CNY Fiber Fest was still in a bag.  The items from the fair were still tagged and piled in the project bag I submitted.  So I went through all that and put everything where it belonged.  I also got the things I want with me in Syracuse all boxed or bagged up, so I'll have plenty to work on for the foreseeable future.
     Today we had a very impromptu get together with my parents and one of my cousins who moved back to the area recently.  It was really nice catching up a little bit.  I didn't live in the area for a little over a decade after college so I lost touch with a large chunk of my extended family.  I was hoping to get some sewing done this weekend but spending time with family was much better.
Until later.  Happy crafting!
-Q

Comments

  1. Congrats on getting your craft closet cleaned out!! What a fun swap. I did a swap a few years ago. It was fun but once was enough. I'm too fussy about what yarns and colors I like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The closet looks great! Is it the weather? I've also been organizing my craft items and patterns and yarn and projects....big job and I am not done! LOL! I love that Lizard cloth...those colors are gorgeous and I also really like the towel as I don't have any towel hanger in my kitchen....awesome design! Have a great week and be sure and take plenty of craft supplies with you! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is the weather. The kitchen towel works great. Mine tend to walk away if they're not nailed down. This will be the third one I've made from this pattern.

      Delete
  3. The reply above is from me, Sandra Licher (self-sufficient sam)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you did a great job in your closet. Why is it our craft areas are the ones always getting stuff dumped in them? How nice to have a little family get together. Your swap partner sent you some lovely items. Those gummy bear stitch markers are precious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Year of Projects: Week 11

    I'm actually updating on a Sunday for once!  I don't have too much to update, so it'll be short and sweet.  I had mentioned that I washed and blocked the Drops of Spring Mitts.  I got them off the blockers and took a couple decent pictures outside in good light.  So here they are all finished. I used the smallest size of the three blockers.  The middle size stretched the fabric too much.  Blocking really evened these out and even though I didn't toss these in the dryer to spring the super-wash Mal Rios back into shape it sproinged back all on its own.                        I need to weigh these yet so I can figure out approximate yardage used, but my guess is its not really much of either of the three colors.  I hope to do at least one more pair of these.  I have so many little mini left-over skeins, its a great pattern to get those used up.     I made homemade pizza on Wednesday.  I use  this  recipe in my bread machine for the dough.  It calls for a teaspoon of a

Year of Projects: Week 33

     I started a pair of socks for myself.  I'm not good about checking gauge for anything.  So very quickly I realized the sock was looking very small.  I decided to keep going and make them for Liara instead.  I had her try it on after I turned the heel and it fit her perfectly.