Skip to main content

YOP: Week 36

    This has been the week of everything breaking.  On Wednesday, when we were taking Ronon to Pre-K, the dash on the Highlander lit up like a Christmas tree.  We immediately assumed mice had gotten into the engine compartment again.  My husband investigated but he saw no evidence of mice, so that's probably a good thing.  We suspect that it's a sensor.  It has to be inspected this month anyway, so it goes to the garage on Monday to be diagnosed.  I finished the hat I was working on; more on that momentarily.  Liara asked me to make her a hat too.  It took her a bit to choose the yarns she wanted.  When I set up my winder to get them caked up, the itty bitty gear inside broke right off.  I bought the winder when I started knitting 14 years ago and it was a cheap one from Amazon.  So, I would say I got my 6 or 7 dollars out of it.  I've ordered another cheapo off of Amazon to replace it.  I hand wound the two skeins for Liara's hat so I could get that started.  In doing so I discovered that my smart watch thinks I'm walking when I hand wind yarn. 

    I finished Double thick hat.  I like how it came out; I foresee making more of these.  It went quite fast considering its fingering weight.  

Malabrigo Sock Solis

Malabrigo Sock Dewberry


I watched the rest of Outlander as I knit this.  I finally got around to subscribing to Starz, so I watched seasons 6 and 7A.  7B doesn't come out 'til November so now I'm watching Men in Kilts, which is Sam and Graham from Outlander touring Scotland in season 1 and New Zealand in season 2.  I watched both seasons over the past two evenings; it was fun and funny.  They pester each-other relentlessly and learning about the culture and history of other countries is always something I enjoy.

    The hat I started for Liara is also a double thick.  She chose two coordinating skeins I had gotten from the Dr. Who swap I did in 2020.  I found that I had never stashed them on Ravelry.  I remember they have some cashmere in them.  I think I kept the note the swapper sent with the package.  I do remember they didn't have tags when I received them, but the colorways actually had something to do with Dr. Who.  Either way, I'm enjoying knitting with the first color, it's very soft.  Looking through my stash, matching up possible colorways, has prompted me to look through my queue and see if I can earmark some yarn to patterns.

I'm using both blue yarns from this swap

That's about it for me this week.  I'm just plugging away at my projects and my one class.  Until next time.  Happy crafting.

-Q
   




Comments

  1. Isn't that always the way - when one thing breaks other things decide to join the party. The hat looks stunning. How wonderful that your smart watch thinks winding yarn is the same as walking. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I crochet, I somehow I get ALL my steps in for the day. The smart watches are not all that smart, huh. Hopefully your car is an easy fix and not too expensive (if out of warranty). Your hats are really nice and look very warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mice eating the wiring brings back memories. We had to park my son's car outside while he went to college. Even though I tried to drive it at least once a week, it still got attacked by mice leading to a high bill to get the wiring fixed. The insurance company was not pleased. I've started using my Ravelry queue as place holders of patterns with the yarn I plan to use. I still change my mind but at least it reminds me of how I was planning to use the yarn.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Knit Crochet Blog Week Day One

Day One (Monday 11th May): If You Were Yarn. If you were a type or brand of yarn, which would you be? Are you a classic pure wool? Is there extra tension but a bit of bounce in you because of your high twist? Would you be more like a high-maintenance, strictly hand-wash fluffy angora or a ‘bring it on’ acrylic, bravely heading into the world of possible baby-sick laundering disasters knowing that you will always come out bright and unharmed?      If I had been asked this question back in January of 2014 I think my answer would be very different from the one I'm about to give today.  Since that time I have started my second new job and have moved my entire household to a smaller city.  Granted the move was what I wanted, but there has been a transition period for me after leaving everything I'd known and become accustomed to behind after 12 years.  I've made new friends twice, gotten used to different policies and procedures twice.  This second transition has been a bit

Year of Projects: Week 45

    No post last week as we were all down with a nasty stomach bug.  I finally started feeling better on Friday.  I didn't get very much done because of it.  I didn't even get out of bed last Sunday.  I was able to finish the  Sunset Hat .   I think it turned out nicely.  I was worried the Glitter and the Sunset colorways would be too similar, which is why I put the English Rose in between them, but I think the combo works pretty well.  I finished up one more dish cloth; another Star Fish type so I won't post another identical picture.  I've made one more dishcloth since the Nerdopolis tournament ended on the 30th.  We're in a break month now.  I had hoped to get a few rows done on my Holden shawl, but that didn't happen.  I'm going to try to get it done this month.     There is a fiber festival in June, the CNY Fiber Fest, so I'm starting to plan for that.  I went last year and it was very fun.  I've perused the vendor list already.  Many of the one

Year of Projects: Week 11

    I'm actually updating on a Sunday for once!  I don't have too much to update, so it'll be short and sweet.  I had mentioned that I washed and blocked the Drops of Spring Mitts.  I got them off the blockers and took a couple decent pictures outside in good light.  So here they are all finished. I used the smallest size of the three blockers.  The middle size stretched the fabric too much.  Blocking really evened these out and even though I didn't toss these in the dryer to spring the super-wash Mal Rios back into shape it sproinged back all on its own.                        I need to weigh these yet so I can figure out approximate yardage used, but my guess is its not really much of either of the three colors.  I hope to do at least one more pair of these.  I have so many little mini left-over skeins, its a great pattern to get those used up.     I made homemade pizza on Wednesday.  I use  this  recipe in my bread machine for the dough.  It calls for a teaspoon of a