Skip to main content

YOP: Week 35

    I wove in alllll the ends, washed and blocked my Killer Queen-Drops of Spring mash up mitts.  


     There was a bunch of stockinette hat talk in the Malabrigo Junkies group.  A bunch of people are knitting YAS Hats.  I liked the idea of a reversible hat so I jumped in with Double Thick Hat.  Both of these patterns are free.  I thought a fingering weight hat would take awhile, but it's been rather addicting.  I'm already halfway done with the decreases on the first "side" of the hat.

Malabrigo Sock in Dewberry

The other half of this is going to be Solis.  If there's enough left I may make a YAS hat out of the remainder for my daughter.  

    That's it on the crafting front.  I've been plugging away slowly at my class.  The normal schedule is so much more subdued.  This communication class is going to push me very far out of my comfort zone, which I'm not too keen on, but is probably good.  I'm an introvert with some pretty bad social anxiety.  A few of the assignments involve recording myself communicating with another person.  I'm not looking forward to those aspects very much.  Other parts involve compiling a creative portfolio.  I started looking into some digital presentation options on Canva, which is the platform she suggested using.  I've done a little with Canva before, thanks to the YOP group actually.  I did some normal cooking this past week and that was about it.  The back to school open house was Wednesday.  We found the kids' classrooms and met both the teachers.  I can't believe Ronon is going to pre-K.  Time sure does fly.  He is very excited to go to school and Liara is very excited to go back.   

Until next time.  Happy crafting.

-Q  

Comments

  1. I knit the Double Hat as a gift to my stepson. Agree. I like that it is reversible and therefore warm in the winter months with it's double thickness. He's bald so he needs the double thickness. Again, you AMAZE me!! College classes and mom to young children. Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the kids have a great school year (and you too).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your hat is practically knitting itself you are knitting it so fast. I bet it will be cosy with the double thickness. Have a lovely new school year. Liz (Highlandheffalump)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Knit Crochet Blog Week Day One

Day One (Monday 11th May): If You Were Yarn. If you were a type or brand of yarn, which would you be? Are you a classic pure wool? Is there extra tension but a bit of bounce in you because of your high twist? Would you be more like a high-maintenance, strictly hand-wash fluffy angora or a ‘bring it on’ acrylic, bravely heading into the world of possible baby-sick laundering disasters knowing that you will always come out bright and unharmed?      If I had been asked this question back in January of 2014 I think my answer would be very different from the one I'm about to give today.  Since that time I have started my second new job and have moved my entire household to a smaller city.  Granted the move was what I wanted, but there has been a transition period for me after leaving everything I'd known and become accustomed to behind after 12 years.  I've made new friends twice, gotten used to different policies and procedures twice.  This second transition has been a bit

Year of Projects: Week 45

    No post last week as we were all down with a nasty stomach bug.  I finally started feeling better on Friday.  I didn't get very much done because of it.  I didn't even get out of bed last Sunday.  I was able to finish the  Sunset Hat .   I think it turned out nicely.  I was worried the Glitter and the Sunset colorways would be too similar, which is why I put the English Rose in between them, but I think the combo works pretty well.  I finished up one more dish cloth; another Star Fish type so I won't post another identical picture.  I've made one more dishcloth since the Nerdopolis tournament ended on the 30th.  We're in a break month now.  I had hoped to get a few rows done on my Holden shawl, but that didn't happen.  I'm going to try to get it done this month.     There is a fiber festival in June, the CNY Fiber Fest, so I'm starting to plan for that.  I went last year and it was very fun.  I've perused the vendor list already.  Many of the one

Year of Projects: Week 11

    I'm actually updating on a Sunday for once!  I don't have too much to update, so it'll be short and sweet.  I had mentioned that I washed and blocked the Drops of Spring Mitts.  I got them off the blockers and took a couple decent pictures outside in good light.  So here they are all finished. I used the smallest size of the three blockers.  The middle size stretched the fabric too much.  Blocking really evened these out and even though I didn't toss these in the dryer to spring the super-wash Mal Rios back into shape it sproinged back all on its own.                        I need to weigh these yet so I can figure out approximate yardage used, but my guess is its not really much of either of the three colors.  I hope to do at least one more pair of these.  I have so many little mini left-over skeins, its a great pattern to get those used up.     I made homemade pizza on Wednesday.  I use  this  recipe in my bread machine for the dough.  It calls for a teaspoon of a