Skip to main content

YOP: Week 33

     I've made a little more progress on Always Be Brave and I just seamed up two dishcloths.  
I'm thinking about starting some fingerless mitts.  I have some leftover yarn from Killer Queen Cowl so I might try to make coordinating mitts to go with that.  The pattern designer has two hat patterns that I think would match well, but I don't think I have enough contrasting color left for the one I prefer out of the the two.
     I've decided to do the Boo Knits Halloween MKAL.  I've done KALs before but never a Boo KAL and I've never done a mystery one.  I also decided to splurge and I ordered the yarn suggested for the KAL which is Dye For Yarn Tussah Silk Lace.  I also ordered the beads for the KAL as well.  The Boo Knits Halloween KAL is always a good one and I usually miss out on them so I'm excited to participate this year.
I couldn't decide on beads and it's always hard to tell actual colors through a screen so I ordered 5 different bead colors to make my own mix once the yarn arrives.  The KAL starts on October 1st so there's plenty of time if anyone want to join this year's KAL.
Here's a link to the Boo Knits Ravelry group for more info.
     My first fall semester class starts tomorrow.  So it's back to the grindstone for me.
Until later.  Happy crafting.
-Q


Comments

  1. The knit looks stunning - love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That yarn is gorgeous!! I've never tried beading. Someday.... Best wishes on your new semester. I'm so amazed by you. I can't even imagine being able to go back to school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow this is going to be stunning. Liz (Highlandheffalump)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Knit Crochet Blog Week Day One

Day One (Monday 11th May): If You Were Yarn. If you were a type or brand of yarn, which would you be? Are you a classic pure wool? Is there extra tension but a bit of bounce in you because of your high twist? Would you be more like a high-maintenance, strictly hand-wash fluffy angora or a ‘bring it on’ acrylic, bravely heading into the world of possible baby-sick laundering disasters knowing that you will always come out bright and unharmed?      If I had been asked this question back in January of 2014 I think my answer would be very different from the one I'm about to give today.  Since that time I have started my second new job and have moved my entire household to a smaller city.  Granted the move was what I wanted, but there has been a transition period for me after leaving everything I'd known and become accustomed to behind after 12 years.  I've made new friends twice, gotten used to different policies and procedures twice.  This second transition has been a bit

Year of Projects: Week 45

    No post last week as we were all down with a nasty stomach bug.  I finally started feeling better on Friday.  I didn't get very much done because of it.  I didn't even get out of bed last Sunday.  I was able to finish the  Sunset Hat .   I think it turned out nicely.  I was worried the Glitter and the Sunset colorways would be too similar, which is why I put the English Rose in between them, but I think the combo works pretty well.  I finished up one more dish cloth; another Star Fish type so I won't post another identical picture.  I've made one more dishcloth since the Nerdopolis tournament ended on the 30th.  We're in a break month now.  I had hoped to get a few rows done on my Holden shawl, but that didn't happen.  I'm going to try to get it done this month.     There is a fiber festival in June, the CNY Fiber Fest, so I'm starting to plan for that.  I went last year and it was very fun.  I've perused the vendor list already.  Many of the one

Year of Projects: Week 11

    I'm actually updating on a Sunday for once!  I don't have too much to update, so it'll be short and sweet.  I had mentioned that I washed and blocked the Drops of Spring Mitts.  I got them off the blockers and took a couple decent pictures outside in good light.  So here they are all finished. I used the smallest size of the three blockers.  The middle size stretched the fabric too much.  Blocking really evened these out and even though I didn't toss these in the dryer to spring the super-wash Mal Rios back into shape it sproinged back all on its own.                        I need to weigh these yet so I can figure out approximate yardage used, but my guess is its not really much of either of the three colors.  I hope to do at least one more pair of these.  I have so many little mini left-over skeins, its a great pattern to get those used up.     I made homemade pizza on Wednesday.  I use  this  recipe in my bread machine for the dough.  It calls for a teaspoon of a