Skip to main content

Year of Projects: Week 33

     I started a pair of socks for myself.  I'm not good about checking gauge for anything.  So very quickly I realized the sock was looking very small.  I decided to keep going and make them for Liara instead.  I had her try it on after I turned the heel and it fit her perfectly.  
I finished the first sock already.  The yarn is ONline Supersocke 100.  (This yarn and several other skeins were given to me by my Aunt Linda a few years before she passed away.)  I'm using a pattern from one of my physical pattern books.  One of my goals last year was to use more of my books.  I started out strong then tapered off through the year.  So I'm renewing that goal for this year.  It's the Handpaint Highlight Socks by Leah Oakley from the One Skein Wonders book.  I'm going to needle up a bit and still make a pair for myself.  I'm going to make them shortie socks though.  I think I'll have enough yarn for both pairs, if I do that.

     I made a batch of soup on my day off.  I was trying to duplicate a soup my friend Nancy had made for one of our past craft days.  I used this recipe: Tortellini Soup.  I used hot Italian sausage from our pig.  I picked up ravioli for this soup, but I didn't care for the filling.  The soup itself is really good, with a ton of flavor from the sausage.  It's going in my regular soup rotation.  It honestly doesn't even need the pasta, but I'm going to make it with the cheese tortellini, it calls for, next time.

     The potato bread was phenomenal.  That one is also going into my regular bread rotation.  I'll link the recipe I used again:  Big Oven Potato Bread.

     Malabrigo March is coming soon, so I've been planning out some of the projects I'd like to cast on during the event.  Mal March is something the Malabrigo Junkies group on Ravelry do every year.  I've been participating for quite a few years now.  The Junkies group is very active, so if you love Malabrigo come on over and check us out. Malabrigo Junkies.

I think that's it for this week.  Until later.  Happy crafting.

-Q

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing about the Malabrigo Junkies. I'll have to check it out. The socks look soooo cute. I definitely can get 2 pairs of shorties from a skein, especially if I use contrasting toe and heel yarn. Your soup sounds delicious. I'm normally a soup for lunch person but haven't made much this winter for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sock yarn wears like iron! I think I have a couple pairs of socks from one of those skeins...maybe. I don't remember. But it wears like iron, which is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I’ve not heard of Malabrigo junkies group before but have a sweater or cardigan worth in my stash, maybe I’ll cast something on in March! Liz (Highlandheffalump)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sock looks great! You should be able to get two pairs from the skein. I can get two pairs (for US size 8 feet) with contrasting heels/cuffs and have some leftover. That potato bread sounds great. I’m going to print the recipe and give it a try. Thanks for sharing! Jen @Carolina Tales

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YOP: Week 29

    The fair was a success.  My items did well and Liara got some ribbons as well.  We went to the parade on Tuesday, then down to the grounds once it was over.  We stopped by one local vender to grab some jewelry, grabbed some donuts from the Donut Diner then went to see how we placed.  Liara entered earrings that she hand-made with clay.  They did not place.  She entered a beaded bracelet that got first. She also entered three of her drawings.  A Pegasus, a bunny and a magical worm.  The bunny and the worm received third and the Pegasus received second.   The bunny is my personal favorite of all the drawings she's done.  There is always a really good turn out in the drawing and photography categories, so she was up against some stiff competition.  I'm really happy she received some ribbons. My items are as follows: Rotini Beanie; First Enchantress MKAL; First. Sunburst Potholder; Second.  Cow and Hen Dishcloth set; ...

YOP: Week 30

      I didn't have a very eventful crafting week.  My time was limited and I think the weather is affecting my knitting mojo.  I had to work last weekend so my husband picked up the items from the fair along with the help of our daughter.  It looks as though she was supposed to get a first place ribbon for her earrings but they forgot to attach the ribbon, or it was attached and fell off.  I'll get an official notification in the mail with our winnings in a few weeks.       My garden was looking really good, the peppers and carrots had almost completely regrown.  I made the comment to myself Saturday evening when I was watering everything that "oh wow its all looking really good."  My parents came over for lunch Sunday so I took my mom over to see the garden.  We've been busy so they haven't been over since we put in the raised beds.  Well, the joke was on me.  The deer or whatever it is came back and decim...

YOP: Week 31

    I finished the tote bag for my co-worker.  It turned out awesome.  I seriously thought about giving her the original one I made for myself and keeping this second one.   I had shown Nancy a selection of fabrics and let her pick which ones she wanted with the alpaca print.  I think her combo came out so nicely.  I finished everything up late in the evening, so the pictures are dark.  I also neglected to take a nice closeup of my fancy new tags.  I have two or three more bags planned out to do in the next couple weeks so hopefully I'll get a little better pictures. I finished the dishcloth I was working on yesterday and started another.   Revenge of Dish Rag Lizard Ridge I'm changing colors for each short row section.  I'm going for a rainbow.  I need to find more black for the ridges in between.      I have another project I should really be doing instead.  I need to dig around and find the yarn...