Skip to main content

Year of Projects: Week 34

     I finished the Handpaint Highlights Socks I was working on for Liara.  They're for her birthday which is on the 27th.


I still want to wash and block them.  I've been looking at different types of heels.  When I do the shortie socks for myself, I may try a short row heel.  I've only ever done heel flaps and gussets, so I want to branch out a little bit.

    Today I went through all my Malabrigo yarn and separated it from my normal stash.  It was nice to see it all together in one place.  I even found a whole skein of Rios I forgot I had, so I may have one more whole project to start for Malabrigo March.  

The top picture is all my full untouched skeins.  The bottom picture is left overs and wound yarn.  I also cleaned out a few project bags along with needles.  I wound up a few skeins to get them ready for cast on March 1st.  The Silky Merino had gotten all messed up, so it took me an hour of hand winding and un-twisting to get it to a point I could re-wind it with my winder.  Its a darn good thing Mal is so pretty or it would have gotten thrown across the room.  I now have 4 projects ready to go, with a possible 5th in the wings.

My plan thus far is:
Hum Beanie with Noventa in the Indonesia colorway.
Vasama with Arroyo in the Purpuras colorway.
Holden with Sock in Aguas and Plomo and beads.
Mandy Cowl with Silky Merino in the Caribeno colorway.
Killer Queen Cowl with Rios in Cucumber and Piedras colorways.  

I still need to track down needles for a few of these and look through my bead stash for Holden, but I've got a good head start for March.

    The temps cooled back off and we've been getting snow for the last few days.  Its actually snowing pretty hard right now as I'm writing this.  I haven't done much in the line of exciting cooking this week, just normal dinners.  I want to make another batch of soup today for lunches, but I may not get to it.

Until later.  Happy crafting!

-Q

Comments

  1. Look at you getting all organized for casting on next month. Smart move. I enjoy untangling yarn. Does that make me weird?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The socks look great. Love the bright colors. How great to have your stash organized into projects. I love short row heels. They fit my brain better I quess. Plus I hate picking up stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you have a fabulous collection of Malabrigo, I do like it and can understand why you are drawn to it. March is going to be fun to see what you make with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely socks! The colors are great. You have quite the collection of malabrigo. Cant wait to see what you do with it in March! ~Jen @Carolina Tales

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Year of Projects: Week 13

     I've started my "new" job/contract.  I've worked for this company before, just not at this site.  I brought a few projects with me, but I quickly ran out of yarn.  I've been working on a dishtowel.  I'm combining two patterns to make it.  I'm using the premise of  Stay Put Kitchen Towel  with the stitch pattern of  Lizard Ridge Dishcloth .  I, of course, don't have a picture yet of the towel.  I took my book of postcards and colored pencils with me.  I've colored in two of the postcards in between knitting.     When I got home at the end of the week, I had two packages waiting for me.  I received an angel package for one of the swaps I did a few months ago. The cowl and headband are made from handspun yarn.  They are very soft and pretty.  My angel got me a lanyard set perfect for fall.  The black kitty looks alot like Jangles and the flowers are very fall colored.  There's a pair of snippy style scissors.  I love this style of

Year of Projects: Week 11

    I'm actually updating on a Sunday for once!  I don't have too much to update, so it'll be short and sweet.  I had mentioned that I washed and blocked the Drops of Spring Mitts.  I got them off the blockers and took a couple decent pictures outside in good light.  So here they are all finished. I used the smallest size of the three blockers.  The middle size stretched the fabric too much.  Blocking really evened these out and even though I didn't toss these in the dryer to spring the super-wash Mal Rios back into shape it sproinged back all on its own.                        I need to weigh these yet so I can figure out approximate yardage used, but my guess is its not really much of either of the three colors.  I hope to do at least one more pair of these.  I have so many little mini left-over skeins, its a great pattern to get those used up.     I made homemade pizza on Wednesday.  I use  this  recipe in my bread machine for the dough.  It calls for a teaspoon of a

Year of Projects: Week 33

     I started a pair of socks for myself.  I'm not good about checking gauge for anything.  So very quickly I realized the sock was looking very small.  I decided to keep going and make them for Liara instead.  I had her try it on after I turned the heel and it fit her perfectly.