Skip to main content

Knit and Crochet Blog Week Day 3

Day Three:
Experimental Photography And Image Handling For Bloggers.

I'm not good at super spiffy pictures.  I'm lucky to get half-way decent pictures of my FO's before they get used or go to a new forever home.  I try to take close ups with a minimal amount of crap in the background.  If I have a good day with good light, my things actually look presentable.  As the proud person of three cats, I always have direction and assistance. 

I have a Nokia Lumia, it comes with Nokia apps, specifically Nokia Creative Studio.  I thought it was high time I played around with my pictures.  (I may have gone a bit overboard.)

I did some cropping, color adjustment and blurred out the sides.   I guess the blurr effect is supposed to make the focal object really pop.  I don't know if it really works with knitting...

This one is fun, its the color pop feature.  I had the app pull out just the orange from these multicolored mitts. 

More color pop.  I was trying to pull out just one set of stripes, it sort of worked. 

This is one of my favorite project pictures to begin with.  I used the Quartz color treatment to make it look like an antique, I think anyway. 

That was fun! 
Until tomorrow, Happy Crafting!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Year of Projects: Week 13

     I've started my "new" job/contract.  I've worked for this company before, just not at this site.  I brought a few projects with me, but I quickly ran out of yarn.  I've been working on a dishtowel.  I'm combining two patterns to make it.  I'm using the premise of  Stay Put Kitchen Towel  with the stitch pattern of  Lizard Ridge Dishcloth .  I, of course, don't have a picture yet of the towel.  I took my book of postcards and colored pencils with me.  I've colored in two of the postcards in between knitting.     When I got home at the end of the week, I had two packages waiting for me.  I received an angel package for one of the swaps I did a few months ago. The cowl and headband are made from handspun yarn.  They are very soft and pretty.  My angel got me a lanyard set perfect for fall.  The black kitty looks alot like Jangles and the flowers are very fall colored.  There's a pair of snippy style scissors.  I love this style of

Year of Projects: Week 6

I dont have too much to report on the completion front.  I'm working overnights for this contract and I just have no energy.  I tend to stay on my night schedule on my days off and sleep all the rest of the time.  I have been working on some dishcloths.  I pretty much always have a couple going.  I really should have put that on my list of projects for this year.  I've been looking back through past project pages and I'm knitting a few patterns again that I liked knitting the first time.  In the case of the ones I've just done, I've knit these many many times.  The pattern is  Tricolour Dishcloth .  It's in my top 5 dishcloth patterns of all time.  I have the pattern memorized and I enjoy it very much.  It takes three colors and doesnt use much yarn.  It's great for using up small scraps. Its also got a ton of texture, so its very scrubby.  I need to weave in the ends yet but here are the three I did in the last two weeks.

Year of Projects: Week 11

    I'm actually updating on a Sunday for once!  I don't have too much to update, so it'll be short and sweet.  I had mentioned that I washed and blocked the Drops of Spring Mitts.  I got them off the blockers and took a couple decent pictures outside in good light.  So here they are all finished. I used the smallest size of the three blockers.  The middle size stretched the fabric too much.  Blocking really evened these out and even though I didn't toss these in the dryer to spring the super-wash Mal Rios back into shape it sproinged back all on its own.                        I need to weigh these yet so I can figure out approximate yardage used, but my guess is its not really much of either of the three colors.  I hope to do at least one more pair of these.  I have so many little mini left-over skeins, its a great pattern to get those used up.     I made homemade pizza on Wednesday.  I use  this  recipe in my bread machine for the dough.  It calls for a teaspoon of a