Skip to main content

You May Now Call Me the Melter of Cubes!

     I never said I was normal.  So I melted the cube this round, oh yea.  Its my first time so I'm pretty excited.  "Melting the cube" is when someone completes all six challenges in a round.  I credit my cube meltage to the week of "vacation" I had.  So my last challenge submission was for Giving Geeks.  I donated 7 hats to St. Josephs Hospital Health Center.  They were all baby hats, so they'll be given to newborns. 

The two pink/yellow ones, the turquois and red and white striped one were what I had lying around.  The true blue, brown and purple/pink ones, I knit over the weekend.

The brown one is Baby Bear Newborn Hat, and I love it.  I nearly kept it for myself.  I dont have enough of that color to make another.  I do have more yarn, in a lighter brown.  The purplish one is just a basic hat.  I've done several if these now.  I used that hat in particular for my team tie in.  I had Daniel take it over to the Wells' with the teddy bear for baby Janet.  The true blue one is Aston.  I do like that one, but I didnt execute the pattern properly.  It turned out a bit small, but I think it will fit someone. 

Here's some better pics.  Also meet Jordan, the best son I'll ever have.





     Now, I'm really looking forward to March.  I have already found a pattern I might use for next round.  Although I may keep that one on the back burner for later, it calls for US1 needles.  Thoes are TINY.  Maybe that can be my dissertation next tourney.
-Q

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Year of Projects: Week 13

     I've started my "new" job/contract.  I've worked for this company before, just not at this site.  I brought a few projects with me, but I quickly ran out of yarn.  I've been working on a dishtowel.  I'm combining two patterns to make it.  I'm using the premise of  Stay Put Kitchen Towel  with the stitch pattern of  Lizard Ridge Dishcloth .  I, of course, don't have a picture yet of the towel.  I took my book of postcards and colored pencils with me.  I've colored in two of the postcards in between knitting.     When I got home at the end of the week, I had two packages waiting for me.  I received an angel package for one of the swaps I did a few months ago. The cowl and headband are made from handspun yarn.  They are very soft and pretty.  My angel got me a lanyard set perfect for fall.  The black kitty looks alot like Jangles and the flowers are very fall colored.  There's a pair of snippy style scissors.  I love this style of

Year of Projects: Week 11

    I'm actually updating on a Sunday for once!  I don't have too much to update, so it'll be short and sweet.  I had mentioned that I washed and blocked the Drops of Spring Mitts.  I got them off the blockers and took a couple decent pictures outside in good light.  So here they are all finished. I used the smallest size of the three blockers.  The middle size stretched the fabric too much.  Blocking really evened these out and even though I didn't toss these in the dryer to spring the super-wash Mal Rios back into shape it sproinged back all on its own.                        I need to weigh these yet so I can figure out approximate yardage used, but my guess is its not really much of either of the three colors.  I hope to do at least one more pair of these.  I have so many little mini left-over skeins, its a great pattern to get those used up.     I made homemade pizza on Wednesday.  I use  this  recipe in my bread machine for the dough.  It calls for a teaspoon of a

Year of Projects: Week 12

     I had a fairly busy crafting week.  Procrastination at its finest.  I realized over the weekend I needed to get cracking if I wanted to finish up some gifts for my coworkers.  A bit ago I made a  Cable Me a Pumpkin Hat  for Cara's unborn son. I wanted to make a hat for Bobby's daughter who's about a month old now.  I have a bin of baby acrylic from my early knitting days.  Most of it isn't even entered into my Ravelry stash.  When I was digging through it I found some Bernat Baby Blanket yarn I forgot I even had.  I made a  Poppy  hat for Bobby's daughter. Then I started on two blankets.  I didn't use patterns, just winged it.  I made a corner to corner in boys colors. I had a bit more girly colors so I did a larger one with the girly yarn.  (I was also trying to use up as much yarn as I could.) I did a very simple eyelet border around the edges.  I didn't finish the girly blanket til after I went back to