Welcome

Join me as I share my crafty journey with you. I continue to expand my repertoire of hobbies. I knit, sew, crochet, bead and probably most importantly am a lover of science fiction. Occasionally I even pick up a book. I play Nerd Wars for Team Stargate Command which consumes most of my time.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Two more challenges done

     I've finished and posted two more challenges.  For Nerd Culture, the Wormhole Hat.
I used the Hurricane Hat pattern and Spud and Chloe sweater.  I enjoyed knitting with it.  Its a cotton/wool super wash blend.  Now that its finished its starting to shed.  I'm not sure how I feel about that.  Perhaps I'll check out these super wash qualities and see if it holds up to $14.00 a skein.  I love the drape of the finished fabric.  Its very sweater like.  Its great yarn, but... we'll see. 

     For the Technical challenge, Schrodinger's paw:
This one I've done before.  It will be a set, now that I have two.  I want to use this pattern to make a double knit potholder too.  I haven't exactly figured out the logistics of that yet.  I think if I do the pattern on just one side and follow the established stitches on the other side it should work.

     As promised Liberty Wool:
  Very pink!  With some purple and I think green.  I cant wait to try this.  I probably wont be saying that once I start but, oh well.  Learning new techniques is supposed to be challenging and hopefully rewarding enough to do it again.  At least the yarn is awesome.  I can always re-purpose it.
-Q  

No comments:

Post a Comment