Skip to main content

Team Stargate Command

     So I made Team SGC, woot!  I probably should watch through some to refresh.  I might jump into the later seasons of Atlantis, I seem to have missed out on some of those eps.  T4 starts the same day the new ED opens at SJH.  I have a feeling I'm going to need the therapy after that day of work.  St. Joseph's Hospital is going through a $220 million expansion right now.  The new Emergency Services Building was 72 mil of that.  Its the largest green project in central NY.  Its a pretty big deal, I guess.  All I know is that its going to up the patients seen in the ED by 20,000 per year and the lab has not hired more people.  Maybe all those numbers don't mean too much in the grand scheme of things.  I feel like 10 extra beds and a better layout will speed up things and increase our workload enough to warrant extra people.  Especially noting that we're understaffed to begin with, but hey.  What do I know, I just do that work, in the most screwed up layout ever conceived. 

     On to more funner stuff!  I've finished a few items.  Mainly another kids hat and two dishcloths.  I've also made progress on the cursed mitten.  I'm up to the start of the thumb gusset and if I would get of the computer and knit I'd probably finish it faster...

Paw
Granite
      There, more dishcloths.  I am also almost done with another potholder/hot pad/trivet.  I just need to whip stitch the seam.  Once the battery in my camera recharges I'll have more pics.  You would think that owning two cameras would ensure at least one was operational at all times... I guess not.  Although if I kept AAs on hand this wouldn't be a problem.... oops.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Year of Projects: Week 13

     I've started my "new" job/contract.  I've worked for this company before, just not at this site.  I brought a few projects with me, but I quickly ran out of yarn.  I've been working on a dishtowel.  I'm combining two patterns to make it.  I'm using the premise of  Stay Put Kitchen Towel  with the stitch pattern of  Lizard Ridge Dishcloth .  I, of course, don't have a picture yet of the towel.  I took my book of postcards and colored pencils with me.  I've colored in two of the postcards in between knitting.     When I got home at the end of the week, I had two packages waiting for me.  I received an angel package for one of the swaps I did a few months ago. The cowl and headband are made from handspun yarn.  They are very soft and pretty.  My angel got me a lanyard set perfect for fall.  The black kitty looks alot like Jangles and the flowers are very fall colored.  There's a pair of snippy style scissors.  I love this style of

Year of Projects: Week 11

    I'm actually updating on a Sunday for once!  I don't have too much to update, so it'll be short and sweet.  I had mentioned that I washed and blocked the Drops of Spring Mitts.  I got them off the blockers and took a couple decent pictures outside in good light.  So here they are all finished. I used the smallest size of the three blockers.  The middle size stretched the fabric too much.  Blocking really evened these out and even though I didn't toss these in the dryer to spring the super-wash Mal Rios back into shape it sproinged back all on its own.                        I need to weigh these yet so I can figure out approximate yardage used, but my guess is its not really much of either of the three colors.  I hope to do at least one more pair of these.  I have so many little mini left-over skeins, its a great pattern to get those used up.     I made homemade pizza on Wednesday.  I use  this  recipe in my bread machine for the dough.  It calls for a teaspoon of a

Year of Projects: Week 12

     I had a fairly busy crafting week.  Procrastination at its finest.  I realized over the weekend I needed to get cracking if I wanted to finish up some gifts for my coworkers.  A bit ago I made a  Cable Me a Pumpkin Hat  for Cara's unborn son. I wanted to make a hat for Bobby's daughter who's about a month old now.  I have a bin of baby acrylic from my early knitting days.  Most of it isn't even entered into my Ravelry stash.  When I was digging through it I found some Bernat Baby Blanket yarn I forgot I even had.  I made a  Poppy  hat for Bobby's daughter. Then I started on two blankets.  I didn't use patterns, just winged it.  I made a corner to corner in boys colors. I had a bit more girly colors so I did a larger one with the girly yarn.  (I was also trying to use up as much yarn as I could.) I did a very simple eyelet border around the edges.  I didn't finish the girly blanket til after I went back to