Skip to main content

Chuggin Along

I've put the shrug aside for a bit since its getting to big to knit at work.  In the mean time, since I need to knit to stay sane, I have finished one dishcloth and started another.  The first was Lizard Ridge, a pattern I found on Ravelry of course and the second is Vineyard, also a Ravelry find.  Vineyard is also in French which threw me off at first because those directions are listed first on the pattern.  I am finding that pattern a bit tricky, mostly because I didn't read all the way through the pattern before I started... The pattern itself is a 16 row repeat so that is on my pile and not in my work bag.  So I am also working on a baby hat.  An exorbitant amount of people are preggers at work so I'm trying to get a head start on my signature gift, or at least its going to be my signature gift at this rate.  This has got to be the most projects I've ever had on needles at once and I defiantly find it disconcerting.  Lets count for fun:  1)The Homespun shrug I plan to frog, 2)The hubbies scarf he wont wear anyway so why bother, 3) The Knitch shrug I am undecided on, I like the pattern not the yarn, 4)Noro Striped Scarf, yarn is on back order, so not my fault, 5)Vineyard Dishcloth, 6)Baby Hat.  My goodness and that's not counting the half done ball-band dishcloth that's on a holder because I ran out of cotton.  I still have no more yellow cotton to finish that one with.  The short version of that story is that its Wal-Marts fault.  Then there are the baby thumless mittens that are only a few rows complete.  I thought maybe I should do those in the round instead of seam, I guess I'm still thinking.  Wow, I hate hate not completing projects.... hmmm.  Guess I have some unfinished business de-stashing to do. 
That's the Lizard Ridge dishcloth, with Peaches and Cream in Winterberry. 
"My Favorite"
 (A sci-fi reference for y'all)

That's a close up of the shrug, see why Dune is so appealing?  I think I'm going to block this one, see if it makes a difference.

Last but not least the Noro scarf.  I fall in love with it more every time I see it.  The wide array of colors are what get me.  Basically there is a different color for every one of my moods.  (Depending on who you ask that means a different shade of miserable for every moment.)  I like it and want to finish it badly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YOP: Week 30

      I didn't have a very eventful crafting week.  My time was limited and I think the weather is affecting my knitting mojo.  I had to work last weekend so my husband picked up the items from the fair along with the help of our daughter.  It looks as though she was supposed to get a first place ribbon for her earrings but they forgot to attach the ribbon, or it was attached and fell off.  I'll get an official notification in the mail with our winnings in a few weeks.       My garden was looking really good, the peppers and carrots had almost completely regrown.  I made the comment to myself Saturday evening when I was watering everything that "oh wow its all looking really good."  My parents came over for lunch Sunday so I took my mom over to see the garden.  We've been busy so they haven't been over since we put in the raised beds.  Well, the joke was on me.  The deer or whatever it is came back and decim...

YOP: Week 29

    The fair was a success.  My items did well and Liara got some ribbons as well.  We went to the parade on Tuesday, then down to the grounds once it was over.  We stopped by one local vender to grab some jewelry, grabbed some donuts from the Donut Diner then went to see how we placed.  Liara entered earrings that she hand-made with clay.  They did not place.  She entered a beaded bracelet that got first. She also entered three of her drawings.  A Pegasus, a bunny and a magical worm.  The bunny and the worm received third and the Pegasus received second.   The bunny is my personal favorite of all the drawings she's done.  There is always a really good turn out in the drawing and photography categories, so she was up against some stiff competition.  I'm really happy she received some ribbons. My items are as follows: Rotini Beanie; First Enchantress MKAL; First. Sunburst Potholder; Second.  Cow and Hen Dishcloth set; ...

YOP: Week 34

     I did some crafting this week, but it was all for the swap.  I was nearly out of interfacing so I ran over to The Quilt Shop in Watertown.  I'd been there once a couple of years ago and thought their prices were very good considering they are independent and Joanne and Hobby Lobby were both in Watertown at the time.  They have really expanded and have a tremendous selection.  They have more novelty type fabrics now, which is what I prefer for my bags, so I will be going there much more often.... probably too much.  I got interfacing and I found two prints that were perfect for my swapee.  I really wasn't expecting to find what I did.  I sewed a bag with those two prints and two of the fabrics I picked up from Walmart.  The Walmart fabric was acceptable.  Not groundbreaking, but decent enough that if I find cute prints I'll probably grab them.  I finished the handknit earlier today.  I want to steam block it yet, ...