4.5⭐️2🌶
I finished my ARC of The Reaping Rose by Eva Simmons a couple days ago. It was good. My original plan was to reread the first book, The Hanging Heart before this one but I just don't have time. I remembered virtually nothing from the first book, other than I enjoyed it. This was a solid middle book in a trilogy. It completed some plot arcs, then blew open a whole new can of worms. An even badder bad guy, potentially, was revealed at the end of this book. We got to see a good amount of Wilder and Elorie together, happy and having extremely hot nooky, which is always a treat IMO. Several side characters got more characterization and two characters started their own love story. At least I hope it ends up being a love story. Once my plate isn't overflowing with arc obligations I plan to revisit these books and give them the attention they deserve. The writing is great and the existential implications that get brought up are compelling. I really love the relationship that Elorie and Wilder have, especially in this book. The trust in each other, the insatiable need for each other. It's nice to see that side of a relationship.
Comments
Post a Comment