Skip to main content

Waterbound

5⭐️1🌶
I finished an ARC of Waterbound by Aeva Vox.  This was a quick fun read at only 235 pages.  It moved quickly, was well paced and had a good amount of action.  It did not feel rushed and had a good story arc.  I enjoyed it.  This is book two in the Fated Shores series and immediately follows the events of book 1, Wildbound.  This book follows Natalie and Vincent.  Vincent is the actor who was thrown out of Hollywood after a scandal and was working in the theater department at the college.  Natalie is a graduate student studying art history.  They hadn't interacted very much prior to the whale watch nor once they got to the island.  Whatever is in the water hits these two.  This time though Lex, Olivia, Ben and Cody know what's happening to them, just not how, so these two get a bit of an explanation.  Natalie wanders off toward the beach to clear her head.  She has a boyfriend and doesn't want to be drawn to a stranger.  Vincent follows because of the buddy system the group imposed (in book 1) because of the deadly creatures on the island.  The two of them talk and try to figure out what to do about their situation.  Before they can come to a conclusion though they fall into and then become trapped inside a subterranean tunnel system.  They spend the rest of the book attempting to survive and get back out.  If you thought the surface of the island was treacherous in book one; the surface is a party compared to the tunnel system.  

This was a fun adventure.  Well it was fun for me to read, not for them while it was happening.  The island keeps getting worse and worse as time goes on.  This was quite a bit less spicy than the first book and less spicy than most of Aeva's other books.  I personally would have liked more spicy scenes, but they were trying to survive so there's that.  I enjoyed this a lot and I'm looking forward to the next one in the series.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YOP: Week 29

    The fair was a success.  My items did well and Liara got some ribbons as well.  We went to the parade on Tuesday, then down to the grounds once it was over.  We stopped by one local vender to grab some jewelry, grabbed some donuts from the Donut Diner then went to see how we placed.  Liara entered earrings that she hand-made with clay.  They did not place.  She entered a beaded bracelet that got first. She also entered three of her drawings.  A Pegasus, a bunny and a magical worm.  The bunny and the worm received third and the Pegasus received second.   The bunny is my personal favorite of all the drawings she's done.  There is always a really good turn out in the drawing and photography categories, so she was up against some stiff competition.  I'm really happy she received some ribbons. My items are as follows: Rotini Beanie; First Enchantress MKAL; First. Sunburst Potholder; Second.  Cow and Hen Dishcloth set; ...

YOP: Week 30

      I didn't have a very eventful crafting week.  My time was limited and I think the weather is affecting my knitting mojo.  I had to work last weekend so my husband picked up the items from the fair along with the help of our daughter.  It looks as though she was supposed to get a first place ribbon for her earrings but they forgot to attach the ribbon, or it was attached and fell off.  I'll get an official notification in the mail with our winnings in a few weeks.       My garden was looking really good, the peppers and carrots had almost completely regrown.  I made the comment to myself Saturday evening when I was watering everything that "oh wow its all looking really good."  My parents came over for lunch Sunday so I took my mom over to see the garden.  We've been busy so they haven't been over since we put in the raised beds.  Well, the joke was on me.  The deer or whatever it is came back and decim...

YOP: Week 31

    I finished the tote bag for my co-worker.  It turned out awesome.  I seriously thought about giving her the original one I made for myself and keeping this second one.   I had shown Nancy a selection of fabrics and let her pick which ones she wanted with the alpaca print.  I think her combo came out so nicely.  I finished everything up late in the evening, so the pictures are dark.  I also neglected to take a nice closeup of my fancy new tags.  I have two or three more bags planned out to do in the next couple weeks so hopefully I'll get a little better pictures. I finished the dishcloth I was working on yesterday and started another.   Revenge of Dish Rag Lizard Ridge I'm changing colors for each short row section.  I'm going for a rainbow.  I need to find more black for the ridges in between.      I have another project I should really be doing instead.  I need to dig around and find the yarn...