Skip to main content

YOP: Week 2

    Happy New Year!  I've been under the weather, but I'm starting to feel better now.  

    The yarn I ordered from the Miss Babs sale arrived last Saturday.   

Then the yarn I ordered while I was in Syracuse arrived during the week.

As well as my swap package from the Hot Beverage swap:

I hid all the goodies so my kids couldn't eat everything while I was sick.  My appetite still hasn't returned so everything remains hidden.  

I also got some more Malabrigo Mechita in a destash and that arrived as well.  I didn't do any knitting while I was sick but I finally felt good enough to do a little knitting last evening.  I was able to finish my son's socks.

He was very excited for them to be done.

I wove in the ends but didn't trim them yet. I'd like to give these a quick bath before I call them 100% done.  My son already put the socks in his sock drawer, so I'll have to fish them back out.  

Now I have to decide what to do next.  Since all my new yarn has come in for multiple projects I'm not sure what to pick...



Comments

  1. Your son's socks are fantastic. So colorful. I can see why he couldn't wait to wear them. I love Miss Babs yarns. They also provide excellent customer service when trying to pick colors. Glad to hear you are starting to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh look at all that lovely yarn! The socks turned out super cute.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YOP: Week 29

    The fair was a success.  My items did well and Liara got some ribbons as well.  We went to the parade on Tuesday, then down to the grounds once it was over.  We stopped by one local vender to grab some jewelry, grabbed some donuts from the Donut Diner then went to see how we placed.  Liara entered earrings that she hand-made with clay.  They did not place.  She entered a beaded bracelet that got first. She also entered three of her drawings.  A Pegasus, a bunny and a magical worm.  The bunny and the worm received third and the Pegasus received second.   The bunny is my personal favorite of all the drawings she's done.  There is always a really good turn out in the drawing and photography categories, so she was up against some stiff competition.  I'm really happy she received some ribbons. My items are as follows: Rotini Beanie; First Enchantress MKAL; First. Sunburst Potholder; Second.  Cow and Hen Dishcloth set; ...

YOP: Week 30

      I didn't have a very eventful crafting week.  My time was limited and I think the weather is affecting my knitting mojo.  I had to work last weekend so my husband picked up the items from the fair along with the help of our daughter.  It looks as though she was supposed to get a first place ribbon for her earrings but they forgot to attach the ribbon, or it was attached and fell off.  I'll get an official notification in the mail with our winnings in a few weeks.       My garden was looking really good, the peppers and carrots had almost completely regrown.  I made the comment to myself Saturday evening when I was watering everything that "oh wow its all looking really good."  My parents came over for lunch Sunday so I took my mom over to see the garden.  We've been busy so they haven't been over since we put in the raised beds.  Well, the joke was on me.  The deer or whatever it is came back and decim...

YOP: Week 31

    I finished the tote bag for my co-worker.  It turned out awesome.  I seriously thought about giving her the original one I made for myself and keeping this second one.   I had shown Nancy a selection of fabrics and let her pick which ones she wanted with the alpaca print.  I think her combo came out so nicely.  I finished everything up late in the evening, so the pictures are dark.  I also neglected to take a nice closeup of my fancy new tags.  I have two or three more bags planned out to do in the next couple weeks so hopefully I'll get a little better pictures. I finished the dishcloth I was working on yesterday and started another.   Revenge of Dish Rag Lizard Ridge I'm changing colors for each short row section.  I'm going for a rainbow.  I need to find more black for the ridges in between.      I have another project I should really be doing instead.  I need to dig around and find the yarn...