Skip to main content

Year of Projects: Week 38

    Not too much excitement here other than knitting for Malabrigo March.  The weather has been pretty dismal.  It's back in the 30s and snowing this week.  We're supposed to get a couple inches over night tonight... so I haven't been taking pictures of my progress very well.  I just took a few in overcast dismal light, but they're better than terrible lamp light when its completely dark outside, so here's what I've got so far:  I finished the Mandy Cowl a bit ago.  This still isn't blocked because of the whole yarn bleeding suspicion.  I want to pick up some color catchers first.  Realistically, it doesn't even need blocking, so I may just stream it and make the bleeding thing a future me problem.  I've tried it on too.  Its soft and squishy and the right length to sit inside my jacket and keep my neck warm.


I'm happy with the way it turned out.  I did one extra lace repeat to use up as much yarn as possible.

After this was finished I worked quite steadily on Killer Queen Cowl.  This is a really fun knit.  I've enjoyed it thus far.  I'm already thinking of color combos for another one... or more.


I'm using Cucumber and Piedras.  I think its a pretty combo, but I want a more blue and purple one for myself, I think.  I have a friend in mind to pass this on to once its done.  I had a little too much help taking pictures.  I didn't even get everything in this shot because I was focused on Jangles and Ronon, who was also helping.


Malabrigo March is about casting on 'All the Things', so I've set this aside for now.  (Plus I'm running out of Cucumber and need to get more.)  I started Holden on the 13th.  I had the original free version of the pattern in my library from the first time I knit this shawl 10 years ago.  I'm going to do more lace repeats to make this bigger.  I'm doing it in Plomo and Aguas.  The Plomo was left over from my Find Your Fade and the Aguas was purchased at the same time as the yarn I used from the first one, back in ahem, 2014.  I'm using beads that I stockpiled back when AC More went out of business.  I looked at my notes from that first Holden and am purposely using the same needles as well.  All this nostalgia is for a reason.  I completed the first one the morning of our 10th anniversary, so I thought it fitting to make another one this year to celebrate our upcoming 20th anniversary.  


A close up of the beads.  I've already run myself out of the green mix I was using.


I wish I would have changed the SKP to SSKs as I really don't like the way they look, but I've already done two repeats of the lace pattern and I'm not ripping that back out.  I'm sure everything will even out when I block in anyway.  That's about it for me this week.  I'll probably be putting this aside soon to start my next projected project.  I have a fingerless mitt pattern picked out for the Arroyo I have in Purpuras.  Until later.  Happy Crafting.

-Q

 

Comments

  1. I love all these malabrigo projects. Given how much this yarn grows when blocking I wouldn’t wet block the cowl as you say it fits nice now. In my experience ordering a colour later on for a project can be massively different shade so good luck finding a cucumber skein that is a close match. My friend and I knit jumpers in the same yarn colour of Rios and they are totally different colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. The beads look great. You are inspiring me. I've never added beads but they really do add an elegance. 3 pairs of socks in 3 months! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Year of Projects: Week 11

    I'm actually updating on a Sunday for once!  I don't have too much to update, so it'll be short and sweet.  I had mentioned that I washed and blocked the Drops of Spring Mitts.  I got them off the blockers and took a couple decent pictures outside in good light.  So here they are all finished. I used the smallest size of the three blockers.  The middle size stretched the fabric too much.  Blocking really evened these out and even though I didn't toss these in the dryer to spring the super-wash Mal Rios back into shape it sproinged back all on its own.                        I need to weigh these yet so I can figure out approximate yardage used, but my guess is its not really much of either of the three colors.  I hope to do at least one more pair of these.  I have so many little mini left-over skeins, its a great pattern to get those used up.     I made homemade pizza on Wednesday.  I use  this  recipe in my bread machine for the dough.  It calls for a teaspoon of a

Year of Projects: Week 13

     I've started my "new" job/contract.  I've worked for this company before, just not at this site.  I brought a few projects with me, but I quickly ran out of yarn.  I've been working on a dishtowel.  I'm combining two patterns to make it.  I'm using the premise of  Stay Put Kitchen Towel  with the stitch pattern of  Lizard Ridge Dishcloth .  I, of course, don't have a picture yet of the towel.  I took my book of postcards and colored pencils with me.  I've colored in two of the postcards in between knitting.     When I got home at the end of the week, I had two packages waiting for me.  I received an angel package for one of the swaps I did a few months ago. The cowl and headband are made from handspun yarn.  They are very soft and pretty.  My angel got me a lanyard set perfect for fall.  The black kitty looks alot like Jangles and the flowers are very fall colored.  There's a pair of snippy style scissors.  I love this style of

Year of Projects: Week 33

     I started a pair of socks for myself.  I'm not good about checking gauge for anything.  So very quickly I realized the sock was looking very small.  I decided to keep going and make them for Liara instead.  I had her try it on after I turned the heel and it fit her perfectly.