Skip to main content

Year of Projects: Week 37

     I've been sick for the past two weeks.  I still have a lingering cough, which is probably bronchitis, but I'm slowly feeling better.  Malabrigo March is in full swing.  I've completed two projects already and have another on the needles currently.

I started with Hum Beanie on Noventa in the Indonesia colorway.


I really enjoyed working with the Noventa; this was my first experience with it.  It has a little bit of twist, so it's not splitty.  I love this colorway, so bright even with the cool tones.

Next up was Mandy Cowl, which is a free pattern.  I used Silky Merino in the Caribeno colorway for this one.  It was my first time using this base as well.  It's a single and the silk makes it extra drapey.  I did 7 repeats of the lace pattern and I omitted the garter ridge down the center of the cowl.  I have finished the knitting on this but haven't taken an updated picture yet.


I got this skein back in 2013, so it was my oldest Malabrigo.  It's going to bleed when I wash it.  The dark blue was coming off on my fingers when I was knitting it.

I just started Killer Queen Cowl, but its already a really fun engaging pattern.  I'm using Rios in Cucumber and Piedras.  The Piedras is the skein I found while organizing my stash.  So, this is the bonus project I wasn't planning on doing yet.  I only have one skein of Cucumber and I need two, but I'll deal with that later once I run out of MC.

I need to get a picture with better light.  The Cucumber is much prettier in real life, this lamp really washes it out.

Before Mal March started, I finished one shortie sock.  It's a little too wide and long, but still short at the ankle... that's what I get for heavily modifying a pattern, I guess.  I haven't decided yet if I'll knit a second sock, or if I'll rip this one completely out and start over.  


I did a German Short Row Heel on this for the first time.  It was interesting.  I liked not having to pick up stitches and do a gusset.  I'll be using this heel again in the future.  

    That's about it on the knitting front.  I've just been surviving mostly.  This cold has destroyed my appetite, so I haven't been cooking much.  We had a small party for Liara's birthday.  It was supposed to be this past Saturday, but I woke up with a migraine so we postponed it to Wednesday.  We made homemade pizza on the grill.  It was really low key, but I think she enjoyed herself.  

The weather here has been very bizarre.  It was snowy and cold when I posted last.  It warmed up and all the snow melted.  I have day-lilies popping up in my front flower bed.  It's supposed to cool back off and snow overnight tonight.  Tomorrow morning should be interesting.  Until later.  Happy crafting!

-Q     
 


Comments

  1. Hey, I have had the same nastiness for the past two weeks too! Still have the cough too. I told my husband it must be a knitters virus from inhaling all those little fibers from our yarn LOL. The cucumber color in the cowl is so pretty with the brown. I like the pattern of it. Your blue cowl looks so warm and squishy! As does the hat. Your short sock looks good to me. I am trying to make a total no show sock to wear in my ballet flat type shoes and having an issue with those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon. I love grillled pizza. We grill the dough, then add toppings, and pop it back on the grill to melt the cheese. It's a thin crust pizza. That's too bad that the dye is going to run. Hope it all works out. What is it with socks lately?! I too seem to suddenly have major fit problems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are feeling better as I’m a bit late posting a comment. I absolutely love that hat, it looks so squishy and the colours are gorgeous. I totally forgot about malabrigo March….doh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling better. The beanie and sock is lovely - I love a short row heel!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Year of Projects: Week 13

     I've started my "new" job/contract.  I've worked for this company before, just not at this site.  I brought a few projects with me, but I quickly ran out of yarn.  I've been working on a dishtowel.  I'm combining two patterns to make it.  I'm using the premise of  Stay Put Kitchen Towel  with the stitch pattern of  Lizard Ridge Dishcloth .  I, of course, don't have a picture yet of the towel.  I took my book of postcards and colored pencils with me.  I've colored in two of the postcards in between knitting.     When I got home at the end of the week, I had two packages waiting for me.  I received an angel package for one of the swaps I did a few months ago. The cowl and headband are made from handspun yarn.  They are very soft and pretty.  My angel got me a lanyard set perfect for fall.  The black kitty looks alot like Jangles and the flowers are very fall colored.  There's a pair of snippy style scissors.  I love this style of

Year of Projects: Week 11

    I'm actually updating on a Sunday for once!  I don't have too much to update, so it'll be short and sweet.  I had mentioned that I washed and blocked the Drops of Spring Mitts.  I got them off the blockers and took a couple decent pictures outside in good light.  So here they are all finished. I used the smallest size of the three blockers.  The middle size stretched the fabric too much.  Blocking really evened these out and even though I didn't toss these in the dryer to spring the super-wash Mal Rios back into shape it sproinged back all on its own.                        I need to weigh these yet so I can figure out approximate yardage used, but my guess is its not really much of either of the three colors.  I hope to do at least one more pair of these.  I have so many little mini left-over skeins, its a great pattern to get those used up.     I made homemade pizza on Wednesday.  I use  this  recipe in my bread machine for the dough.  It calls for a teaspoon of a

Year of Projects: Week 33

     I started a pair of socks for myself.  I'm not good about checking gauge for anything.  So very quickly I realized the sock was looking very small.  I decided to keep going and make them for Liara instead.  I had her try it on after I turned the heel and it fit her perfectly.