Skip to main content

Year of Projects: Week 31

     Not too much to report this week.  I finished the sock I was working on and started the second.  I was too lazy to get out my digital scale to weight my skeins, so I've been trying to use only half of each skein by just eyeballing.  These are intended to be "boot" sock, so I'm really not too worried about how these look.  I'm using 5 colors from my mystery wool stash.
     Two weeks ago we got a new air fryer.  We got an over the top Emeril Lagasse one.  

With the oven on the fritz we've been using this one instead and its been working really well.  My small muffin tin fits in perfectly so I've made Johnny Cake twice in the last two weeks.  We've also done steaks and hamburgers in it.  Then, of course, normal air fryer type things like chicken tenders, french fries and frozen pizza.  We've had an air fryer before and both forgot how much we liked having one.  This has a rotisserie in it and can do homemade pizza's as well.  I want to try out those features too.

     The taco soup I mentioned last week unfreezes and reheats perfectly.  I'll be putting that into my regular soup rotation.

     I didn't read this week.  I worked on the socks instead.  I did find a book recommendation that look super good.  
It immediately went to the top of my TBR list.  It's based off of The Mummy movie.  (The 1999 theatrical masterpiece staring Brendon Fraser.)  That's one of my favorite movies of all time.  The summary calls the book a cozy romance with lots of witty banter set in Egypt.  I'm super excited to read it.  

I think that's it for me.  The weather warmed up a little, some snow melted but there's still quite a bit out there.  Until later.  Happy crafting.

-Q

Comments

  1. We have the Emeril deep fryer. Much less healthy. What fun socks but knee socks definitely talk a long time to knit. That's a pretty heel flap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We also love our air fryer. It reheats foods wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that movie, too. I’ll bet the book will be a fun read. Your socks look so fun and cozy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Year of Projects: Week 13

     I've started my "new" job/contract.  I've worked for this company before, just not at this site.  I brought a few projects with me, but I quickly ran out of yarn.  I've been working on a dishtowel.  I'm combining two patterns to make it.  I'm using the premise of  Stay Put Kitchen Towel  with the stitch pattern of  Lizard Ridge Dishcloth .  I, of course, don't have a picture yet of the towel.  I took my book of postcards and colored pencils with me.  I've colored in two of the postcards in between knitting.     When I got home at the end of the week, I had two packages waiting for me.  I received an angel package for one of the swaps I did a few months ago. The cowl and headband are made from handspun yarn.  They are very soft and pretty.  My angel got me a lanyard set perfect for fall.  The black kitty looks alot like Jangles and the flowers are very fall colored.  There's a pair of snippy style scissors.  I love this style of

Year of Projects: Week 11

    I'm actually updating on a Sunday for once!  I don't have too much to update, so it'll be short and sweet.  I had mentioned that I washed and blocked the Drops of Spring Mitts.  I got them off the blockers and took a couple decent pictures outside in good light.  So here they are all finished. I used the smallest size of the three blockers.  The middle size stretched the fabric too much.  Blocking really evened these out and even though I didn't toss these in the dryer to spring the super-wash Mal Rios back into shape it sproinged back all on its own.                        I need to weigh these yet so I can figure out approximate yardage used, but my guess is its not really much of either of the three colors.  I hope to do at least one more pair of these.  I have so many little mini left-over skeins, its a great pattern to get those used up.     I made homemade pizza on Wednesday.  I use  this  recipe in my bread machine for the dough.  It calls for a teaspoon of a

Year of Projects: Week 33

     I started a pair of socks for myself.  I'm not good about checking gauge for anything.  So very quickly I realized the sock was looking very small.  I decided to keep going and make them for Liara instead.  I had her try it on after I turned the heel and it fit her perfectly.