Skip to main content

Stitch Along Thursday

     I'm joining Tammy over at Life and Yarn or Yarn and Life for a stitch along.  I've been working on two projects in the last few weeks.  Usually I'm pretty monogamous with my projects at least until I get side tracked or hit a hiccup.  I've been working on a shawl since the middle or so of August.  Its a nice shawl pattern but I think I'm a bit shawled out or something, I've been putting that aside often to work on other things.  I made some good progress, then I ran short on yarn.  I decided to get more as opposed to just binding off where I ran short.  I managed to get another skein in the same color.  Here is my progress so far, I just have a few rows to go on the last chart.
It's a crappy picture, but shows the lace decently.  I've put beads in this as well.  The yarn is Holiday Yarns Flock Sock in the color Lavender Buds.  The pattern is Lilac Wish Lace Shawl.  It'll be interesting to see how much this grows when I block it. 
 
 
     I've also been churning out some more baby items, which is probably why I haven't had too much shawl knitting mojo.  Those instant gratification projects are addicting.  So here is the first Entrechat.  This one is actually finished except for a button. 
 
The yarn is Malabrigo Rios in the Piedras colorway.  I've had this yarn sitting around for too long, its so pretty knitted up, I don't know why I didn't do it sooner.  I'm still working on the second one.
This one is also Mal Rios but in the Solis colorway.  I don't have much to go, I think just the last couple garter rows and the bind off.
 
     I've acquired two more skeins of yarn as well.  I got more yarn to finish up the shawl and a skein to make another baby hat. 
and
This is Madeline Tosh DK in the Hosta Blue colorway.  I'll be making this into Sassafras.  That's it for now, just a quick little update.  Until later.  Happy Crafting!
-Q

Comments

  1. Love the entrechats...I've been looking for a baby pattern...might have to try that one....and I got some Holiday Yarn recently too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Entrechat is a great pattern. Its got so many sizes, good value for the price.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YOP: Week 29

    The fair was a success.  My items did well and Liara got some ribbons as well.  We went to the parade on Tuesday, then down to the grounds once it was over.  We stopped by one local vender to grab some jewelry, grabbed some donuts from the Donut Diner then went to see how we placed.  Liara entered earrings that she hand-made with clay.  They did not place.  She entered a beaded bracelet that got first. She also entered three of her drawings.  A Pegasus, a bunny and a magical worm.  The bunny and the worm received third and the Pegasus received second.   The bunny is my personal favorite of all the drawings she's done.  There is always a really good turn out in the drawing and photography categories, so she was up against some stiff competition.  I'm really happy she received some ribbons. My items are as follows: Rotini Beanie; First Enchantress MKAL; First. Sunburst Potholder; Second.  Cow and Hen Dishcloth set; ...

YOP: Week 30

      I didn't have a very eventful crafting week.  My time was limited and I think the weather is affecting my knitting mojo.  I had to work last weekend so my husband picked up the items from the fair along with the help of our daughter.  It looks as though she was supposed to get a first place ribbon for her earrings but they forgot to attach the ribbon, or it was attached and fell off.  I'll get an official notification in the mail with our winnings in a few weeks.       My garden was looking really good, the peppers and carrots had almost completely regrown.  I made the comment to myself Saturday evening when I was watering everything that "oh wow its all looking really good."  My parents came over for lunch Sunday so I took my mom over to see the garden.  We've been busy so they haven't been over since we put in the raised beds.  Well, the joke was on me.  The deer or whatever it is came back and decim...

YOP: Week 31

    I finished the tote bag for my co-worker.  It turned out awesome.  I seriously thought about giving her the original one I made for myself and keeping this second one.   I had shown Nancy a selection of fabrics and let her pick which ones she wanted with the alpaca print.  I think her combo came out so nicely.  I finished everything up late in the evening, so the pictures are dark.  I also neglected to take a nice closeup of my fancy new tags.  I have two or three more bags planned out to do in the next couple weeks so hopefully I'll get a little better pictures. I finished the dishcloth I was working on yesterday and started another.   Revenge of Dish Rag Lizard Ridge I'm changing colors for each short row section.  I'm going for a rainbow.  I need to find more black for the ridges in between.      I have another project I should really be doing instead.  I need to dig around and find the yarn...