Skip to main content

More Yarn and a Few Finishes

     In preparation for knitting White Whiskers I've purchased some more Cascade 220 Superwash Sport to supplement what I have already.  I've also purchased the pattern, but I've realized I need to get some more needles, I think.  I'll be putting this pattern on the back burner for the time being.  I have several other projects ahead of this hat, even though I really really want to ignore everything else and knit this up.  Here are the three new colors I picked up:


I think I'm going to do gray cats with the turquoise back-ground and yellow cats with the dark green back-ground.  I'll have to figure out which other colors to use.  The hat needs four colors not including the little bits of white for the white whiskers.  I really enjoyed using the 220 Superwash Sport the last time I used it for a colorwork hat.  It's soft and durable, decent yardage for the price and its machine washable.  That's why I originally did a search for sport weight stranded color work items. 
     Alright on to the things I've finished; well, almost finished.  I need to pick out buttons, which I'm finding is a pesky process.  I think I need to go button shopping.

I finished the little Entrechat.  It just needs a button.
I also whipped up Sassafras.  This too needs a button.  This pattern is great and comes in child right up to adult sizes.  I'm thinking about picking up some more yarn and making one for myself.  I wish Christina wore hats, I would make her one to match Kylie's.  The MadTosh DK is great to work with, very soft and the color is very pretty.   I really need to get back to working on the purple shawl.  I don't have that much to go and I would like to have it ready by Christmas.  I took my wares to work and I've gotten two hat orders.  I need to shore up the details on them both or else I would start one now.  I have the next two days off for working this past weekend.  I may knit up the one and if the color is quite right just do it over.  I've been wanting to knit some more overly manly items.  I never seem to have any on hand and I have way more male co-workers at this job.  It would be a good dry run for the new pattern I want to try anyway.  Alrighty, more knitting updates to come.  We're supposed to be getting a pretty bad snow storm in the next day or so.  The North Country is getting hammered right now, two feet overnight and its still coming.  I find stormy dreary weather the perfect motivator for crafting.  Until later.  Happy Crafting!
-Q

Comments

  1. Did you get the snow? White Whiskers is awesome! I love the green one they show with the pompom....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny story actually, there is still green in Syracuse. It all hit west and north of us. We did get to go snowmobiling today in Lowville which is only 80 miles northeast of Syracuse. Gotta love the weather up here right!
      I can't wait to get to White Whiskers, I have a couple other things to finish first.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Year of Projects: Week 13

     I've started my "new" job/contract.  I've worked for this company before, just not at this site.  I brought a few projects with me, but I quickly ran out of yarn.  I've been working on a dishtowel.  I'm combining two patterns to make it.  I'm using the premise of  Stay Put Kitchen Towel  with the stitch pattern of  Lizard Ridge Dishcloth .  I, of course, don't have a picture yet of the towel.  I took my book of postcards and colored pencils with me.  I've colored in two of the postcards in between knitting.     When I got home at the end of the week, I had two packages waiting for me.  I received an angel package for one of the swaps I did a few months ago. The cowl and headband are made from handspun yarn.  They are very soft and pretty.  My angel got me a lanyard set perfect for fall.  The black kitty looks alot like Jangles and the flowers are very fall colored.  There's a pair of snippy style scissors.  I love this style of

Year of Projects: Week 6

I dont have too much to report on the completion front.  I'm working overnights for this contract and I just have no energy.  I tend to stay on my night schedule on my days off and sleep all the rest of the time.  I have been working on some dishcloths.  I pretty much always have a couple going.  I really should have put that on my list of projects for this year.  I've been looking back through past project pages and I'm knitting a few patterns again that I liked knitting the first time.  In the case of the ones I've just done, I've knit these many many times.  The pattern is  Tricolour Dishcloth .  It's in my top 5 dishcloth patterns of all time.  I have the pattern memorized and I enjoy it very much.  It takes three colors and doesnt use much yarn.  It's great for using up small scraps. Its also got a ton of texture, so its very scrubby.  I need to weave in the ends yet but here are the three I did in the last two weeks.

Year of Projects: Week 11

    I'm actually updating on a Sunday for once!  I don't have too much to update, so it'll be short and sweet.  I had mentioned that I washed and blocked the Drops of Spring Mitts.  I got them off the blockers and took a couple decent pictures outside in good light.  So here they are all finished. I used the smallest size of the three blockers.  The middle size stretched the fabric too much.  Blocking really evened these out and even though I didn't toss these in the dryer to spring the super-wash Mal Rios back into shape it sproinged back all on its own.                        I need to weigh these yet so I can figure out approximate yardage used, but my guess is its not really much of either of the three colors.  I hope to do at least one more pair of these.  I have so many little mini left-over skeins, its a great pattern to get those used up.     I made homemade pizza on Wednesday.  I use  this  recipe in my bread machine for the dough.  It calls for a teaspoon of a