Skip to main content

New Laptop

     I got a new laptop!  I got a new laptop!!!  I can type and see what I'm typing and link pictures and post from my own computer and not my brothers...  I got a new laptop!!!


     Okay, so you've read the exciting news by now, on to brief knitting news.  I've started my first Nerd Wars project, its a Roasty, Toasty Coffee Kerrier.  I'm using my left over Malabrigo Rios.  Its nearly complete already and its taken very little yarn, so I may make two... or three.

      I forgot to mention in my last post that one of my friends from work gifted me an old crochet edgings book called Elegant Edgings to knit crochet and tat.  It was published back in 1969 by Coats & Clark.  There are a few knitted edgings and some filet crochet.  There are some really beautiful hairpin lace ones in the crochet section.  These are designed for place matts, pillow cases and towels.  I'm going to be trying some of these edgings here in the future.  I'm pretty sure this little booklet is out of print at this point so I think I can publish the patterns here on my blog...  I need to do some research on that.  I don't want to do anything illegal.  I did notice upon glancing through that the abbreviation for yarn over is just O instead of YO, but other than that all the knitting patterns seemed decipherable.  It sort of sounds fun to do some edgings, I can make a spiffy new kitchen ensemble for my MIL's new spiffy kitchen perhaps.

     Since I hate posting without pictures of some kind I'll leave you with a rinsing in sink picture of the yarn I dyed.  More on the process later, I'll devote a whole post to my haphazard experience. 

Until later, Happy Crafting!!!
-Q

Comments

  1. Yeah for the laptop! Can't wait to read about your yarn dying experiment...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YOP: Week 29

    The fair was a success.  My items did well and Liara got some ribbons as well.  We went to the parade on Tuesday, then down to the grounds once it was over.  We stopped by one local vender to grab some jewelry, grabbed some donuts from the Donut Diner then went to see how we placed.  Liara entered earrings that she hand-made with clay.  They did not place.  She entered a beaded bracelet that got first. She also entered three of her drawings.  A Pegasus, a bunny and a magical worm.  The bunny and the worm received third and the Pegasus received second.   The bunny is my personal favorite of all the drawings she's done.  There is always a really good turn out in the drawing and photography categories, so she was up against some stiff competition.  I'm really happy she received some ribbons. My items are as follows: Rotini Beanie; First Enchantress MKAL; First. Sunburst Potholder; Second.  Cow and Hen Dishcloth set; ...

YOP: Week 30

      I didn't have a very eventful crafting week.  My time was limited and I think the weather is affecting my knitting mojo.  I had to work last weekend so my husband picked up the items from the fair along with the help of our daughter.  It looks as though she was supposed to get a first place ribbon for her earrings but they forgot to attach the ribbon, or it was attached and fell off.  I'll get an official notification in the mail with our winnings in a few weeks.       My garden was looking really good, the peppers and carrots had almost completely regrown.  I made the comment to myself Saturday evening when I was watering everything that "oh wow its all looking really good."  My parents came over for lunch Sunday so I took my mom over to see the garden.  We've been busy so they haven't been over since we put in the raised beds.  Well, the joke was on me.  The deer or whatever it is came back and decim...

YOP: Week 31

    I finished the tote bag for my co-worker.  It turned out awesome.  I seriously thought about giving her the original one I made for myself and keeping this second one.   I had shown Nancy a selection of fabrics and let her pick which ones she wanted with the alpaca print.  I think her combo came out so nicely.  I finished everything up late in the evening, so the pictures are dark.  I also neglected to take a nice closeup of my fancy new tags.  I have two or three more bags planned out to do in the next couple weeks so hopefully I'll get a little better pictures. I finished the dishcloth I was working on yesterday and started another.   Revenge of Dish Rag Lizard Ridge I'm changing colors for each short row section.  I'm going for a rainbow.  I need to find more black for the ridges in between.      I have another project I should really be doing instead.  I need to dig around and find the yarn...