Skip to main content

Whisked Away

5⭐️2🌶
I finished Whisked Away by Enola M Douglas last night.  It was mind blowingly good.  The world building was expansive and vivid.  I could see every place, smell the foods, the markets it was really epically done.  There are nine Kingdoms in this world, we experience two of them in this book.  Aethonia, where Princess Reiyana is from is an island and one of the smaller Kingdoms.  The palace is close to the ocean.  This is an Omega verse novel.  Reiya awakened as an Omega late at the age of 20.  Omegas are rather scarce in this world and she is the only one in her family.  Overnight she became a political pawn.  Her marriage to a foreign Alpha would be a boon to her small kingdom.  The alliance it would yield is immeasurable.  Reiya is, of course, feeling like a commodity at the beginning of this book.  She sees her awakening as a death sentence.  Any chance at happiness, freedom, autonomy.... gone just like that.  She's also in love with a Beta from a well to do family.  That relationship was perfectly acceptable until her awakening, now she must give him up as well.  Her family arranges a tournament.  Whoever wins the tournament could be her husband but her family did give her the ultimate choice.  Kaelen and Alarik are half brother Alphas from Asadia.  Asadia is to the east and is mostly dessert.  They both enter the tournament against their father's wishes.  They win the tournament, of course.  There is a ball that evening.  The Pinces dance with her and carefully attempt to get her to choose them.  They even offer her time to get to know them.  At this point she is so overwhelmed by the circumstances she isn't really listening to what they're trying to tell her.  She sneaks away and pleades with her Beta lover Castiel to abscond.  They do and this is where everything goes off the rails.  I don't want to reveal too much more because this was such an epic story.  There is betrayal, found family, turmoil, court politics, intrigue, power struggles between Alphas Betaa and Omegas and a whole other subplot that I think will tie these stand alones together.  I have the ARC of the next book Cast Off which follow different characters in one of the other kingdoms, but there is a foul plot afoot.  For anyone else who sees a brain movie when they read, this is the book for you.  I'm not kidding on the vivd imagery.  This world is so beautiful.  Check it out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YOP: Week 30

      I didn't have a very eventful crafting week.  My time was limited and I think the weather is affecting my knitting mojo.  I had to work last weekend so my husband picked up the items from the fair along with the help of our daughter.  It looks as though she was supposed to get a first place ribbon for her earrings but they forgot to attach the ribbon, or it was attached and fell off.  I'll get an official notification in the mail with our winnings in a few weeks.       My garden was looking really good, the peppers and carrots had almost completely regrown.  I made the comment to myself Saturday evening when I was watering everything that "oh wow its all looking really good."  My parents came over for lunch Sunday so I took my mom over to see the garden.  We've been busy so they haven't been over since we put in the raised beds.  Well, the joke was on me.  The deer or whatever it is came back and decim...

YOP: Week 29

    The fair was a success.  My items did well and Liara got some ribbons as well.  We went to the parade on Tuesday, then down to the grounds once it was over.  We stopped by one local vender to grab some jewelry, grabbed some donuts from the Donut Diner then went to see how we placed.  Liara entered earrings that she hand-made with clay.  They did not place.  She entered a beaded bracelet that got first. She also entered three of her drawings.  A Pegasus, a bunny and a magical worm.  The bunny and the worm received third and the Pegasus received second.   The bunny is my personal favorite of all the drawings she's done.  There is always a really good turn out in the drawing and photography categories, so she was up against some stiff competition.  I'm really happy she received some ribbons. My items are as follows: Rotini Beanie; First Enchantress MKAL; First. Sunburst Potholder; Second.  Cow and Hen Dishcloth set; ...

YOP: Week 34

     I did some crafting this week, but it was all for the swap.  I was nearly out of interfacing so I ran over to The Quilt Shop in Watertown.  I'd been there once a couple of years ago and thought their prices were very good considering they are independent and Joanne and Hobby Lobby were both in Watertown at the time.  They have really expanded and have a tremendous selection.  They have more novelty type fabrics now, which is what I prefer for my bags, so I will be going there much more often.... probably too much.  I got interfacing and I found two prints that were perfect for my swapee.  I really wasn't expecting to find what I did.  I sewed a bag with those two prints and two of the fabrics I picked up from Walmart.  The Walmart fabric was acceptable.  Not groundbreaking, but decent enough that if I find cute prints I'll probably grab them.  I finished the handknit earlier today.  I want to steam block it yet, ...