Skip to main content

Dishcloths and Baby Things

     So in the last month I've finished my training and transitioned from day shift to evenings and now onto nights.  It's only been two weeks, but the whole "day walker" thing came back pretty quickly.  I haven't gotten a whole lot of knitting done, but on the upside I can knit at work again!  That has helped with motivation and the therapy at work is a plus too.  So onto my latest projects.

     There were more dishcloths in the off-time between Nerdopolis tournaments.  In no particular order:
Revenge of The Dishrag
This one is interesting and I think I might do another one eventually.  I may change the increases and decreases along the edge.  I like that its got a sort of vintage quality about it. 
Bee Stitch Dishcloth
This whole cloth is bee stitch.  While interesting, this is not one I'll ever do again.  Only because its tedious and I don't particularly like the look the texture imparts.  Just a personal opinion.
Optical Illusion Cloth
This cloth winds up a bit large, but exceptionally awesome!  I really enjoyed the finished product.  Picking up the stitches to start the next wedge was the only crappy part of this one.
Tricolour Dishcloth
This is probably my all time favorite dishcloth pattern, which is why I've made even more in my favorite color combo.  I made these larger too, since at my typical gauge this pattern comes out a tad small.  I cast on 43 stitches for these two cloths.

Baby Sophisticate
I made this with the Mal Rios in Sunset I picked up Memorial Day weekend, last year.  This is one of my most favorite Mal colors.  Its so bright and happy.  I used buttons from my grandmother's button stash.  I attempted to make it a bit larger, but didn't really think it out as much as I could have.  The little boy this is destined for is due in late July so in theory it should fit him this fall once the weather cools off.  The upside of living in the North Country is fall starts here in September.  This has already been gifted and Maria was vary happy with it. 

     I have one more completed project, but I haven't taken pictures yet.  We've been getting lots of rain.  We got one heck of a thunderstorm the night before last with over three inches of rain.  That's one upside of working overnights on the sixth floor.  I had a great view of that storm.  So the short of that story is that there hasn't been good sunlight for pictures as of late.  I'm also making a pair of mittens to go with the hat so I'll just get pictures of them both at the same time.  I want to turn both of them in to Nerdopolis so its motivation to get the mittens done.  I need to do that since there are only a few days left in this round.  Off to do that now. 

Until later.  Happy Crafting!
-Q

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Year of Projects: Week 13

     I've started my "new" job/contract.  I've worked for this company before, just not at this site.  I brought a few projects with me, but I quickly ran out of yarn.  I've been working on a dishtowel.  I'm combining two patterns to make it.  I'm using the premise of  Stay Put Kitchen Towel  with the stitch pattern of  Lizard Ridge Dishcloth .  I, of course, don't have a picture yet of the towel.  I took my book of postcards and colored pencils with me.  I've colored in two of the postcards in between knitting.     When I got home at the end of the week, I had two packages waiting for me.  I received an angel package for one of the swaps I did a few months ago. The cowl and headband are made from handspun yarn.  They are very soft and pretty.  My angel got me a lanyard set perfect for fall.  The black kitty looks alot like Jangles and the flowers are very fall colored.  There's a pair of snippy style scissors.  I love this style of

Year of Projects: Week 11

    I'm actually updating on a Sunday for once!  I don't have too much to update, so it'll be short and sweet.  I had mentioned that I washed and blocked the Drops of Spring Mitts.  I got them off the blockers and took a couple decent pictures outside in good light.  So here they are all finished. I used the smallest size of the three blockers.  The middle size stretched the fabric too much.  Blocking really evened these out and even though I didn't toss these in the dryer to spring the super-wash Mal Rios back into shape it sproinged back all on its own.                        I need to weigh these yet so I can figure out approximate yardage used, but my guess is its not really much of either of the three colors.  I hope to do at least one more pair of these.  I have so many little mini left-over skeins, its a great pattern to get those used up.     I made homemade pizza on Wednesday.  I use  this  recipe in my bread machine for the dough.  It calls for a teaspoon of a

Year of Projects: Week 6

I dont have too much to report on the completion front.  I'm working overnights for this contract and I just have no energy.  I tend to stay on my night schedule on my days off and sleep all the rest of the time.  I have been working on some dishcloths.  I pretty much always have a couple going.  I really should have put that on my list of projects for this year.  I've been looking back through past project pages and I'm knitting a few patterns again that I liked knitting the first time.  In the case of the ones I've just done, I've knit these many many times.  The pattern is  Tricolour Dishcloth .  It's in my top 5 dishcloth patterns of all time.  I have the pattern memorized and I enjoy it very much.  It takes three colors and doesnt use much yarn.  It's great for using up small scraps. Its also got a ton of texture, so its very scrubby.  I need to weave in the ends yet but here are the three I did in the last two weeks.