Skip to main content

Dishcloths and Baby Things

     So in the last month I've finished my training and transitioned from day shift to evenings and now onto nights.  It's only been two weeks, but the whole "day walker" thing came back pretty quickly.  I haven't gotten a whole lot of knitting done, but on the upside I can knit at work again!  That has helped with motivation and the therapy at work is a plus too.  So onto my latest projects.

     There were more dishcloths in the off-time between Nerdopolis tournaments.  In no particular order:
Revenge of The Dishrag
This one is interesting and I think I might do another one eventually.  I may change the increases and decreases along the edge.  I like that its got a sort of vintage quality about it. 
Bee Stitch Dishcloth
This whole cloth is bee stitch.  While interesting, this is not one I'll ever do again.  Only because its tedious and I don't particularly like the look the texture imparts.  Just a personal opinion.
Optical Illusion Cloth
This cloth winds up a bit large, but exceptionally awesome!  I really enjoyed the finished product.  Picking up the stitches to start the next wedge was the only crappy part of this one.
Tricolour Dishcloth
This is probably my all time favorite dishcloth pattern, which is why I've made even more in my favorite color combo.  I made these larger too, since at my typical gauge this pattern comes out a tad small.  I cast on 43 stitches for these two cloths.

Baby Sophisticate
I made this with the Mal Rios in Sunset I picked up Memorial Day weekend, last year.  This is one of my most favorite Mal colors.  Its so bright and happy.  I used buttons from my grandmother's button stash.  I attempted to make it a bit larger, but didn't really think it out as much as I could have.  The little boy this is destined for is due in late July so in theory it should fit him this fall once the weather cools off.  The upside of living in the North Country is fall starts here in September.  This has already been gifted and Maria was vary happy with it. 

     I have one more completed project, but I haven't taken pictures yet.  We've been getting lots of rain.  We got one heck of a thunderstorm the night before last with over three inches of rain.  That's one upside of working overnights on the sixth floor.  I had a great view of that storm.  So the short of that story is that there hasn't been good sunlight for pictures as of late.  I'm also making a pair of mittens to go with the hat so I'll just get pictures of them both at the same time.  I want to turn both of them in to Nerdopolis so its motivation to get the mittens done.  I need to do that since there are only a few days left in this round.  Off to do that now. 

Until later.  Happy Crafting!
-Q

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YOP: Week 29

    The fair was a success.  My items did well and Liara got some ribbons as well.  We went to the parade on Tuesday, then down to the grounds once it was over.  We stopped by one local vender to grab some jewelry, grabbed some donuts from the Donut Diner then went to see how we placed.  Liara entered earrings that she hand-made with clay.  They did not place.  She entered a beaded bracelet that got first. She also entered three of her drawings.  A Pegasus, a bunny and a magical worm.  The bunny and the worm received third and the Pegasus received second.   The bunny is my personal favorite of all the drawings she's done.  There is always a really good turn out in the drawing and photography categories, so she was up against some stiff competition.  I'm really happy she received some ribbons. My items are as follows: Rotini Beanie; First Enchantress MKAL; First. Sunburst Potholder; Second.  Cow and Hen Dishcloth set; ...

YOP: Week 30

      I didn't have a very eventful crafting week.  My time was limited and I think the weather is affecting my knitting mojo.  I had to work last weekend so my husband picked up the items from the fair along with the help of our daughter.  It looks as though she was supposed to get a first place ribbon for her earrings but they forgot to attach the ribbon, or it was attached and fell off.  I'll get an official notification in the mail with our winnings in a few weeks.       My garden was looking really good, the peppers and carrots had almost completely regrown.  I made the comment to myself Saturday evening when I was watering everything that "oh wow its all looking really good."  My parents came over for lunch Sunday so I took my mom over to see the garden.  We've been busy so they haven't been over since we put in the raised beds.  Well, the joke was on me.  The deer or whatever it is came back and decim...

YOP: Week 31

    I finished the tote bag for my co-worker.  It turned out awesome.  I seriously thought about giving her the original one I made for myself and keeping this second one.   I had shown Nancy a selection of fabrics and let her pick which ones she wanted with the alpaca print.  I think her combo came out so nicely.  I finished everything up late in the evening, so the pictures are dark.  I also neglected to take a nice closeup of my fancy new tags.  I have two or three more bags planned out to do in the next couple weeks so hopefully I'll get a little better pictures. I finished the dishcloth I was working on yesterday and started another.   Revenge of Dish Rag Lizard Ridge I'm changing colors for each short row section.  I'm going for a rainbow.  I need to find more black for the ridges in between.      I have another project I should really be doing instead.  I need to dig around and find the yarn...