Skip to main content

It's Not Too Late, It's Never Too Late.

     I finally finished my T9 Dissertation last weekend.  I wove in the ends and took some pretty darn good pictures.  I boxed the shawl up nice and my mother passed on the gift to my grandmother on Tuesday.  I received an very nice thank you note in the mail yesterday, so I know she is already using and enjoying the shawl.  Yea!  Okay, so on to the pictures:

 

     I wasn't able to finish this during the tournament so I used the "in-between" times to get it completed.  The pattern is Lacy Zig Zag Shawl, the yarn is Patons Lace in the colorway Porcelain.  It has a pretty high acrylic content, but its soft and will be easy for Grandma to care for. 
    
     Tournament 10 has started.  I think I have all the challenges planned for.  I started my third Cassis Shawlette.  This is for me, finally.  I'm adding beads to this one.  Lots of beads in any place I can put them.  I've run out already, actually.  But I just ordered some more.  

     I've done a hat for the Modal challenge but I don't have the ends woven in yet.   I used some of the yarn I solar dyed over the summer.  I got some swirled pooling during the knitting process.  I might block the hat to open up the lace or maybe not since it will open up when its worn.  I have a recipient picked out for it, but I cant say to much until I mail it out.  

     The new job is going well.  There are enough similarities that I'm feeling comfortable already, mostly.  I still have a few months to go, there is so much to learn.  The only down side is I'm working days and by the time I get home each day the light is gone already.  I need to get pictures of several items and clean my craft room.  There is no space left on my table and its spilled over to my roller cart in the living room.  Right now I keep the left overs of skeins in my large "nice yarn" tote.  What I want to do is bag up all the new left overs and keep all of them in a smaller tote designated just for left overs.  That will hopefully allow me to keep the larger tote a bit more organized.  If that doesn't help I was thinking changing over to small totes and then organizing the yarn by weight...  I'm not really sure what would work best.  I am attempting to cold sheep to a certain extent since I do have a pretty good stash with no real space to get more.  Alright that's all pretty boring for people who cant actually see my crazy craft space, so that's it for now.

     I'm not doing a dissertation this round.  I ran out of time to take pictures of my swatch and post the proposal (read terrible procrastination.)  I'll be using what I started either for this round or as a WIP sometime later in the tourney.  It's a nice modern shaped baby blanket for a friend.  Its also a good stash buster so I'm looking forward to this project.  Until Later, Happy Crafting!
-Q  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YOP: Week 29

    The fair was a success.  My items did well and Liara got some ribbons as well.  We went to the parade on Tuesday, then down to the grounds once it was over.  We stopped by one local vender to grab some jewelry, grabbed some donuts from the Donut Diner then went to see how we placed.  Liara entered earrings that she hand-made with clay.  They did not place.  She entered a beaded bracelet that got first. She also entered three of her drawings.  A Pegasus, a bunny and a magical worm.  The bunny and the worm received third and the Pegasus received second.   The bunny is my personal favorite of all the drawings she's done.  There is always a really good turn out in the drawing and photography categories, so she was up against some stiff competition.  I'm really happy she received some ribbons. My items are as follows: Rotini Beanie; First Enchantress MKAL; First. Sunburst Potholder; Second.  Cow and Hen Dishcloth set; ...

YOP: Week 30

      I didn't have a very eventful crafting week.  My time was limited and I think the weather is affecting my knitting mojo.  I had to work last weekend so my husband picked up the items from the fair along with the help of our daughter.  It looks as though she was supposed to get a first place ribbon for her earrings but they forgot to attach the ribbon, or it was attached and fell off.  I'll get an official notification in the mail with our winnings in a few weeks.       My garden was looking really good, the peppers and carrots had almost completely regrown.  I made the comment to myself Saturday evening when I was watering everything that "oh wow its all looking really good."  My parents came over for lunch Sunday so I took my mom over to see the garden.  We've been busy so they haven't been over since we put in the raised beds.  Well, the joke was on me.  The deer or whatever it is came back and decim...

YOP: Week 31

    I finished the tote bag for my co-worker.  It turned out awesome.  I seriously thought about giving her the original one I made for myself and keeping this second one.   I had shown Nancy a selection of fabrics and let her pick which ones she wanted with the alpaca print.  I think her combo came out so nicely.  I finished everything up late in the evening, so the pictures are dark.  I also neglected to take a nice closeup of my fancy new tags.  I have two or three more bags planned out to do in the next couple weeks so hopefully I'll get a little better pictures. I finished the dishcloth I was working on yesterday and started another.   Revenge of Dish Rag Lizard Ridge I'm changing colors for each short row section.  I'm going for a rainbow.  I need to find more black for the ridges in between.      I have another project I should really be doing instead.  I need to dig around and find the yarn...