Welcome

Join me as I share my crafty journey with you. I continue to expand my repertoire of hobbies. I knit, sew, crochet, bead and probably most importantly am a lover of science fiction. Occasionally I even pick up a book. I play Nerd Wars for Team Stargate Command which consumes most of my time.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Dishcloths, Hats and Cakes; Oh My!

     To say I've been busy lately would be an understatement.  Still working evenings on top of the two nights I agreed to and my normal weekends.  I've also been getting cake orders again.  I love to bake and everyone at work seems to think my scratch cakes are special somehow.  Baking I guess is genetic memory too.  So awhile back I established that I would bake for a nominal fee.  I did the goodbye cake for a co-worker who is transferring to another site.  I am about to finish an anniversary cake for another co-worker.  Yesterday I frantically made brownies for a birthday.  I like to stay busy but this may be getting ridiculous.  Okay on to knitting.  I finished Vinyard.  It looks horrible but, I finally figured out the pattern (on the last repeat).  I plan to try that one again, hopefully with more success this time.  I also finished the baby hat, that one I am super happy with.  Now I am pounding out dishcloths.  I have a co-worker who orders thirty each year for her husbands co-workers.  This year I plan to get a head start on them.  I also have been tinkering with crocheted tea towel toppers.  The first one I did, I used Red Heart.  I didn't care for the texture, so for the last two I've used regular dishcloth cotton.  I have lots, and a better selection of colors.  I am much happier with the cotton toppers.  I'm going to get some new towels and start offering those too.  Alright picture time:
Vinyard
Evidently I took a bunch of pictures with my phone and subsequently they are not in my computer.  So picture time will be at a later date.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I can't find this pattern anymore. Could you please share?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you don't mind sending me your email address I can send you the pattern that way. Its a bit long to type out in the comments.

      Delete