Skip to main content

Topping the Alpha

4.75⭐️3🌶
I finished the audio of Topping the Alpha yesterday.  It was good, a little out of my comfort zone, but still good.  Now I know I don't mind MM romances.  The narrator was Sean Crisden for this one and I really liked him.  It looks like this may be the only one he narrates though.  This one took me just a little bit to get into.  It jumps into the spice rather quickly and Jake is characterized a little differently in this book.  I felt he was being overly aggressive and a little pushy toward Nick.  Once I thought about it a little it made sense though.  In the other books we only see Jake's intereaction with female subs of his Dom teammates.  He was being about as aggressive as Ian was with Angie or Devon was with Kristen.  Once I wrapped my head around it a little I got into the book more.  I thought the spice was done well and I thought the suspense plotline was balanced well with the romance plot line.  It was a gratifying story.  It was hinted at heavily that Jake had a dark backstory.  He does, so it was that much better to see him finally let go of some demons and find happiness with Nick.  Overall it was a good story and I enjoyed it.  I started the next book today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YOP: Week 29

    The fair was a success.  My items did well and Liara got some ribbons as well.  We went to the parade on Tuesday, then down to the grounds once it was over.  We stopped by one local vender to grab some jewelry, grabbed some donuts from the Donut Diner then went to see how we placed.  Liara entered earrings that she hand-made with clay.  They did not place.  She entered a beaded bracelet that got first. She also entered three of her drawings.  A Pegasus, a bunny and a magical worm.  The bunny and the worm received third and the Pegasus received second.   The bunny is my personal favorite of all the drawings she's done.  There is always a really good turn out in the drawing and photography categories, so she was up against some stiff competition.  I'm really happy she received some ribbons. My items are as follows: Rotini Beanie; First Enchantress MKAL; First. Sunburst Potholder; Second.  Cow and Hen Dishcloth set; ...

YOP: Week 30

      I didn't have a very eventful crafting week.  My time was limited and I think the weather is affecting my knitting mojo.  I had to work last weekend so my husband picked up the items from the fair along with the help of our daughter.  It looks as though she was supposed to get a first place ribbon for her earrings but they forgot to attach the ribbon, or it was attached and fell off.  I'll get an official notification in the mail with our winnings in a few weeks.       My garden was looking really good, the peppers and carrots had almost completely regrown.  I made the comment to myself Saturday evening when I was watering everything that "oh wow its all looking really good."  My parents came over for lunch Sunday so I took my mom over to see the garden.  We've been busy so they haven't been over since we put in the raised beds.  Well, the joke was on me.  The deer or whatever it is came back and decim...

YOP: Week 34

     I did some crafting this week, but it was all for the swap.  I was nearly out of interfacing so I ran over to The Quilt Shop in Watertown.  I'd been there once a couple of years ago and thought their prices were very good considering they are independent and Joanne and Hobby Lobby were both in Watertown at the time.  They have really expanded and have a tremendous selection.  They have more novelty type fabrics now, which is what I prefer for my bags, so I will be going there much more often.... probably too much.  I got interfacing and I found two prints that were perfect for my swapee.  I really wasn't expecting to find what I did.  I sewed a bag with those two prints and two of the fabrics I picked up from Walmart.  The Walmart fabric was acceptable.  Not groundbreaking, but decent enough that if I find cute prints I'll probably grab them.  I finished the handknit earlier today.  I want to steam block it yet, ...