5⭐️4🌶
I finished listening to Waiting for Him by Samantha Cole. I loved this one! I thought the spice and thriller plot lines were much more balanced. They were interwoven in this book and the switch back and forth was seamless and logical to the overall plot. Kat quite literally comes back from the dead. She and her family had been involved in a car accident 12 years prior to the beginning of the book. Ben "Boomer" thought her entire family had died. What in fact happened is her mother and brother had died in the accident, but she and her father had lived. That accident was actually a hit by the Russian mob her father had gotten himself involved with. Her and her father were put in witness protection and they had been living on the west coast under assumed names. Kat's father had passed away a few months ago. When her apartment was broken into and she thought she was being followed she turned to the only person she could trust to protect her; Ben. They were childhood sweethearts and neither of them had gotten over eachother. Kat was even still a virgin. Ben introduces her to the lifestyle, very slowly and carefully. We get more characterization of Jake in this book and Ben's family. His father Rick, also a retired Seal, played a role in the second book. Also Carter is a little more prominent in this book as well. I thought I couldn't love him any more than I already do, but I was proved wrong near the end of the book. He's a great character with an amazing sense of humor. This has been my favorite of the series so far. They are very much growing on me and I didn't find this one as campy as the first two. It seems the author cut back a little bit on the particularly icky words, or I just didn't notice. I've already purchased the next three in the series. I'm really enjoying these.
Comments
Post a Comment