Skip to main content

His Angel

4.5⭐️3🌶
I finished His Angel by Samantha A Cole on my way into work.  The ending was quite sad so I'm a little depressed now.  I should say the very end was nice and sweet, it was the outcome of the spy/thriller subplot portion that was sad.  I enjoyed this audio book overall.  The narration was good.  It was a single male narrator this time and I thought he did a good job with the female voices.  These books have a BDSM romance plot then a spy/thriller subplot.  I thought this book kind of switched to the subplot more abruptly than the first book.  But it ramped up the danger the FMC Angie was in.  I enjoyed Ian's characterization.  He's not a cut and paste of his brother Devon from the first book.  I also liked that we got to know some of the other Tident team members a little more with this book, especially Jake.  I really like the dynamic set up for the series.  There are so many characters and interactions, it's no wonder it's a 13 book series.  This one was fun and I like Angie and Ian just as much as I liked Kristen and Devon.  I also really like that Kristen and Angie get along and work with eachother essentially in the romance book industry.  Overall this is a series that I'm enjoying and I will be reading (listening to) the next book very soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YOP: Week 29

    The fair was a success.  My items did well and Liara got some ribbons as well.  We went to the parade on Tuesday, then down to the grounds once it was over.  We stopped by one local vender to grab some jewelry, grabbed some donuts from the Donut Diner then went to see how we placed.  Liara entered earrings that she hand-made with clay.  They did not place.  She entered a beaded bracelet that got first. She also entered three of her drawings.  A Pegasus, a bunny and a magical worm.  The bunny and the worm received third and the Pegasus received second.   The bunny is my personal favorite of all the drawings she's done.  There is always a really good turn out in the drawing and photography categories, so she was up against some stiff competition.  I'm really happy she received some ribbons. My items are as follows: Rotini Beanie; First Enchantress MKAL; First. Sunburst Potholder; Second.  Cow and Hen Dishcloth set; ...

YOP: Week 30

      I didn't have a very eventful crafting week.  My time was limited and I think the weather is affecting my knitting mojo.  I had to work last weekend so my husband picked up the items from the fair along with the help of our daughter.  It looks as though she was supposed to get a first place ribbon for her earrings but they forgot to attach the ribbon, or it was attached and fell off.  I'll get an official notification in the mail with our winnings in a few weeks.       My garden was looking really good, the peppers and carrots had almost completely regrown.  I made the comment to myself Saturday evening when I was watering everything that "oh wow its all looking really good."  My parents came over for lunch Sunday so I took my mom over to see the garden.  We've been busy so they haven't been over since we put in the raised beds.  Well, the joke was on me.  The deer or whatever it is came back and decim...

YOP: Week 31

    I finished the tote bag for my co-worker.  It turned out awesome.  I seriously thought about giving her the original one I made for myself and keeping this second one.   I had shown Nancy a selection of fabrics and let her pick which ones she wanted with the alpaca print.  I think her combo came out so nicely.  I finished everything up late in the evening, so the pictures are dark.  I also neglected to take a nice closeup of my fancy new tags.  I have two or three more bags planned out to do in the next couple weeks so hopefully I'll get a little better pictures. I finished the dishcloth I was working on yesterday and started another.   Revenge of Dish Rag Lizard Ridge I'm changing colors for each short row section.  I'm going for a rainbow.  I need to find more black for the ridges in between.      I have another project I should really be doing instead.  I need to dig around and find the yarn...