Skip to main content

Sharing Silence

5⭐️4🌶
This book was amazing!  I finished my ARC of Sharing Silence by Kayla Kyng early this morning.  I absolutely loved it.  It's part of a series but can be read as a standalone.  I read it as such and had no problem understanding what was going on.  It has,  however, hooked me on this author and I want to read her entire backlog now.  The FMC, Silence is an ER nurse and has a sarcastic sense of humor.  She's married to one of the triplet brothers Zayden.  They got married in Vegas on some kind of whim, but it has worked out for them for the last nine years.  She's best friends with one of the other brothers Yale.  The third brother Xavier and she grate on eachother so they have banter filled exchanges.  Yale and Xavier live right next door and the three brothers have always stayed close to eachother.  Zayden and Silence have discussed becoming more adventurous with their sex lives.  They've talked about pursuing things with strangers and/or with people they already know.  An opportunity arises and they decide to pursue something with a stranger.  It gets.. um.. interesting, because the triplets are contract assassins and the stranger isn't a stranger unbeknownst to them.  So the action in this book also kicks off with a bang.  They all end up going to a safe house (mansion) to lie low and regroup.  While there Zayden and Silence decide to do the experimenting with Yale and Xavier.  The brothers don't do anything with eachother, they all share Silence, hence the name of the book.  The spice is spicing in this book, but its very well done and not cringy.  More action happens I don't want to give too much away, but this absolutely had me on the edge of my seat the whole time.  It gets deep and dark.  Silence has a past she's been keeping from the brothers and although she knew they were assassins she hadn't wanted to know details.  She has to jump in feet first once she's on the run with them.  All in all it was a sweet story.  Some other characters come into play and they were all fun, especially Mercy.  I'm looking forward to diving deeper into this world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YOP: Week 29

    The fair was a success.  My items did well and Liara got some ribbons as well.  We went to the parade on Tuesday, then down to the grounds once it was over.  We stopped by one local vender to grab some jewelry, grabbed some donuts from the Donut Diner then went to see how we placed.  Liara entered earrings that she hand-made with clay.  They did not place.  She entered a beaded bracelet that got first. She also entered three of her drawings.  A Pegasus, a bunny and a magical worm.  The bunny and the worm received third and the Pegasus received second.   The bunny is my personal favorite of all the drawings she's done.  There is always a really good turn out in the drawing and photography categories, so she was up against some stiff competition.  I'm really happy she received some ribbons. My items are as follows: Rotini Beanie; First Enchantress MKAL; First. Sunburst Potholder; Second.  Cow and Hen Dishcloth set; ...

YOP: Week 30

      I didn't have a very eventful crafting week.  My time was limited and I think the weather is affecting my knitting mojo.  I had to work last weekend so my husband picked up the items from the fair along with the help of our daughter.  It looks as though she was supposed to get a first place ribbon for her earrings but they forgot to attach the ribbon, or it was attached and fell off.  I'll get an official notification in the mail with our winnings in a few weeks.       My garden was looking really good, the peppers and carrots had almost completely regrown.  I made the comment to myself Saturday evening when I was watering everything that "oh wow its all looking really good."  My parents came over for lunch Sunday so I took my mom over to see the garden.  We've been busy so they haven't been over since we put in the raised beds.  Well, the joke was on me.  The deer or whatever it is came back and decim...

YOP: Week 31

    I finished the tote bag for my co-worker.  It turned out awesome.  I seriously thought about giving her the original one I made for myself and keeping this second one.   I had shown Nancy a selection of fabrics and let her pick which ones she wanted with the alpaca print.  I think her combo came out so nicely.  I finished everything up late in the evening, so the pictures are dark.  I also neglected to take a nice closeup of my fancy new tags.  I have two or three more bags planned out to do in the next couple weeks so hopefully I'll get a little better pictures. I finished the dishcloth I was working on yesterday and started another.   Revenge of Dish Rag Lizard Ridge I'm changing colors for each short row section.  I'm going for a rainbow.  I need to find more black for the ridges in between.      I have another project I should really be doing instead.  I need to dig around and find the yarn...