5⭐️1🌶
I quickly read a short monster romance to get bingo on my summer reading bingo board.
I've been working on this bingo challenge all summer and needed a criptid romance to finish it up. Bingo was hosted by Aeva Vox and since I'm on her street team I felt like I really needed to finish this up. It was fun though and I was surprised I was able to fill in most of it with the ARCs I was reading anyway.
Mingling with Mothman by Eden Crowe was adorable. I love that monster romance has so many cozy cute wholesome romances with great messages. This was was a perfect quick read with cute spice and some really deep messaging mixed in. I highly enjoyed the banter and the FMC, Ava's wit and tenacity. Clay, the MMC was patient, quiet but ingenuitve and extremely caring. It was just a sweet story. It was the third set in this small monster haven of Mistwood. I'm tempted to read the other two. Ava moved away from Mistwood as soon as she was 18. She is human and her father is xenophobic. Even though Mistwood is magical, was created for monsters and has wards to help protect the monsters, Ava's father thinks the monsters should be run out of Mistwood. He frequently runs against Clay who is the mayor of Mistwood and the only known Mothman. Ava has recently come back to Mistwood to try to salvage a relationship with her father. She is not a piece of crap like her father. She is willing to cut ties with him completely if he doesn't start seeing what a prick he is. Ava gets a job at the Mayor's office to run his PR and social media division and coordinate town sponsored events. So its a small town office romance. Clay and Ava get stuck in a snowstorm on the way back from a photo shoot at a tree farm for the Mayor's holiday pictures. They end up having to share a room at a sketchy hotel because only one room was left.... it's predictable but in a good way. I really enjoyed it.
Comments
Post a Comment