Skip to main content

YOP: Week 36

    I didn't get any crafting done this week.  I did receive my swap package from the My Favorite Things swap.  Here's what I received:
An ample stack of fabric squares.  Most are knitting related, the rest coordinate well.  A book that looks interesting, The Vampire Knitting Club, one of my favorite candies, a skein of Alpaca yarn in a glorious color and cat chair feet.  My daughter commandeered a couple of them already.  I'm going to put a set on the clothes chair in the bedroom.  All in all it was a fun swap.  I also signed up for the Halloween Mini and got my partner assignment.  I've got some ideas brewing for that one.

    Since my knitting mojo still hasn't returned despite the change in weather, I picked up a book (kindle) series instead.  About two years ago I read an excellent science fiction romance; The Viridian Priestess.  I know I talked about it.  It was my favorite book of 2023.  It ended on a cliffhanger so I figured there would be another book.  I finally got around to checking if the author had written more.  There are two more books out.  So over the weekend I reread the first book and I'm now about 20% into book two; The Cerulean Sister.  I love this world, the characters, and the level of spice.  

    Our pigs are at the butcher so we've been reorganizing the chest freezers to make room for them.  We're deep frying a turkey today and having my parents over for lunch.  We ordered another freezer about a month ago but it's delayed so this is plan B.  Since we've revved up our oldest smallest "backup" freezer and moved items into that one I fully expect our new one will become ready now.  Oh well, everything needed to get reorganized anyway.

    I didn't get anything done really with the garden either.  I've gotten a few more tomatoes and some more green beans, but they are both dwindling.  I need to trim out all the dead and not producing plants... I might get to that this week.... maybe not.

Until later, happy crafting.

-Q

Comments

  1. Your swap package looks delightful. Hopefully the freezers will all get sorted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a fun swap! I hope your knitting mojo returns. My crojo has taken a hike recently, it seems. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good week. I'm glad the swap worked out well. When I did it pre-Covid I got the feeling it was a way for folks to "donate" yarn they no longer wanted. Glad you found a book series you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great swap package. How grand that your favorite book is now a series. Reading is just as relaxing as knitting. So go for it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YOP: Week 29

    The fair was a success.  My items did well and Liara got some ribbons as well.  We went to the parade on Tuesday, then down to the grounds once it was over.  We stopped by one local vender to grab some jewelry, grabbed some donuts from the Donut Diner then went to see how we placed.  Liara entered earrings that she hand-made with clay.  They did not place.  She entered a beaded bracelet that got first. She also entered three of her drawings.  A Pegasus, a bunny and a magical worm.  The bunny and the worm received third and the Pegasus received second.   The bunny is my personal favorite of all the drawings she's done.  There is always a really good turn out in the drawing and photography categories, so she was up against some stiff competition.  I'm really happy she received some ribbons. My items are as follows: Rotini Beanie; First Enchantress MKAL; First. Sunburst Potholder; Second.  Cow and Hen Dishcloth set; ...

YOP: Week 30

      I didn't have a very eventful crafting week.  My time was limited and I think the weather is affecting my knitting mojo.  I had to work last weekend so my husband picked up the items from the fair along with the help of our daughter.  It looks as though she was supposed to get a first place ribbon for her earrings but they forgot to attach the ribbon, or it was attached and fell off.  I'll get an official notification in the mail with our winnings in a few weeks.       My garden was looking really good, the peppers and carrots had almost completely regrown.  I made the comment to myself Saturday evening when I was watering everything that "oh wow its all looking really good."  My parents came over for lunch Sunday so I took my mom over to see the garden.  We've been busy so they haven't been over since we put in the raised beds.  Well, the joke was on me.  The deer or whatever it is came back and decim...

YOP: Week 31

    I finished the tote bag for my co-worker.  It turned out awesome.  I seriously thought about giving her the original one I made for myself and keeping this second one.   I had shown Nancy a selection of fabrics and let her pick which ones she wanted with the alpaca print.  I think her combo came out so nicely.  I finished everything up late in the evening, so the pictures are dark.  I also neglected to take a nice closeup of my fancy new tags.  I have two or three more bags planned out to do in the next couple weeks so hopefully I'll get a little better pictures. I finished the dishcloth I was working on yesterday and started another.   Revenge of Dish Rag Lizard Ridge I'm changing colors for each short row section.  I'm going for a rainbow.  I need to find more black for the ridges in between.      I have another project I should really be doing instead.  I need to dig around and find the yarn...