Skip to main content

A Beautifully Crafted Lie

5⭐️1🌶
I finished my ARC of A Beautifully Crafted Lie by Evelyn Ash early this morning.  It was really good.  It was atmospheric and mysterious.  It follows more traditional Irish folklore concerning seely and unseely fae.  The FMC Bryndis is a witch.  But being a witch will get you reaped by the fae.  She also has a voice in her head.  It takes the entire book to reveal what that voice really is.  The MMC, Odhran, is a bastard fae prince who is very complicated; very dark, brooding shaddow daddy.  Humans and fae shouldn't be together, fae feed off humans, so there is a forbidden element to their attraction.  This is a slow burn that goes off the rails in the last few chapters.  I'm still not sure I've fully grasped everything that happened at the end.  The world building was phenomenal.  There was a found family element and the tension is the slow burn was superb.  I loved the depth of the story and without spoiling too much; trust is a tenuous thing and Bryndis manages to have literally everyone betray her at some point.  I'm really looking forward to the next book.  I need to know how this mess is going to get resolved.  The ending was a crazy cliffhanger that left me reeling.  It comes out August 26th.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YOP: Week 29

    The fair was a success.  My items did well and Liara got some ribbons as well.  We went to the parade on Tuesday, then down to the grounds once it was over.  We stopped by one local vender to grab some jewelry, grabbed some donuts from the Donut Diner then went to see how we placed.  Liara entered earrings that she hand-made with clay.  They did not place.  She entered a beaded bracelet that got first. She also entered three of her drawings.  A Pegasus, a bunny and a magical worm.  The bunny and the worm received third and the Pegasus received second.   The bunny is my personal favorite of all the drawings she's done.  There is always a really good turn out in the drawing and photography categories, so she was up against some stiff competition.  I'm really happy she received some ribbons. My items are as follows: Rotini Beanie; First Enchantress MKAL; First. Sunburst Potholder; Second.  Cow and Hen Dishcloth set; ...

YOP: Week 30

      I didn't have a very eventful crafting week.  My time was limited and I think the weather is affecting my knitting mojo.  I had to work last weekend so my husband picked up the items from the fair along with the help of our daughter.  It looks as though she was supposed to get a first place ribbon for her earrings but they forgot to attach the ribbon, or it was attached and fell off.  I'll get an official notification in the mail with our winnings in a few weeks.       My garden was looking really good, the peppers and carrots had almost completely regrown.  I made the comment to myself Saturday evening when I was watering everything that "oh wow its all looking really good."  My parents came over for lunch Sunday so I took my mom over to see the garden.  We've been busy so they haven't been over since we put in the raised beds.  Well, the joke was on me.  The deer or whatever it is came back and decim...

YOP: Week 31

    I finished the tote bag for my co-worker.  It turned out awesome.  I seriously thought about giving her the original one I made for myself and keeping this second one.   I had shown Nancy a selection of fabrics and let her pick which ones she wanted with the alpaca print.  I think her combo came out so nicely.  I finished everything up late in the evening, so the pictures are dark.  I also neglected to take a nice closeup of my fancy new tags.  I have two or three more bags planned out to do in the next couple weeks so hopefully I'll get a little better pictures. I finished the dishcloth I was working on yesterday and started another.   Revenge of Dish Rag Lizard Ridge I'm changing colors for each short row section.  I'm going for a rainbow.  I need to find more black for the ridges in between.      I have another project I should really be doing instead.  I need to dig around and find the yarn...