5⭐️2🌶 I finished my ARC of Red Runs the Blood by Angelina J. Steffort last night. It was so freaking good. Better than the first book which I loved, but found to be a tad slow at the beginning. This one picked up right where 1 left off and did not slow down at any point. I sadly can't say too much about it because I'd be spoiling so much of it. We do get a couple chapters from Elina's POV. Elina is Khayrivven's sister who is being held by King Ulder as leverage over Khayrivven. Khay let's Lory into his carefully crafted facade just a little bit more. He reveals several more secrets to her. Lory continues to hone her powers and gains better control over them. There is an undertone in thus book, there is something rotten at Ashthorn Ward and people are starting to get a whiff of it. The found family is as strong as ever in this one. Some new alliances are formed and new allies brought into the fold. There is so much more going on outside of just Ashthorn, King Ulder and the Rebels. I still have so many questions. I love a book that can keep me on my toes and keep me guessing. I gobbled this one up and could not put it down. Go check it out on the 31st when it comes out.
The fair was a success. My items did well and Liara got some ribbons as well. We went to the parade on Tuesday, then down to the grounds once it was over. We stopped by one local vender to grab some jewelry, grabbed some donuts from the Donut Diner then went to see how we placed. Liara entered earrings that she hand-made with clay. They did not place. She entered a beaded bracelet that got first. She also entered three of her drawings. A Pegasus, a bunny and a magical worm. The bunny and the worm received third and the Pegasus received second. The bunny is my personal favorite of all the drawings she's done. There is always a really good turn out in the drawing and photography categories, so she was up against some stiff competition. I'm really happy she received some ribbons. My items are as follows: Rotini Beanie; First Enchantress MKAL; First. Sunburst Potholder; Second. Cow and Hen Dishcloth set; ...
Comments
Post a Comment