5⭐️2🌶
I finished my ARC/ALC of Blood of Truth and Traitors by Aria Ashbrook a couple days ago. They kill off one of my favorite side characters so it's taken me a couple days to wrap my head around the book. It was phenomenal even though it was soul crushingly sad. It picked up right where book two left off. Rose and company discovered an Issen city in the mountains. I don't want to get into it too much because of spoilers but the entire book takes place in and around this Issen city Isthyr. Rose "travels" via her Raven sight abilities to check up on Kay, Jonas and William. She's also able to see some other key pieces of events while in raven form. She discovers a ton of information about her lineage, all key plot points and the gang find out there is a prophesy to boot, because of course there is and Rose is basically the chosen one. She has to go through a trial of sorts in this book. It is meant to teach something. Rose learns that everything she thought was true is a lie. The beginning of the book dragged a little for me, but then it took off. A certain someone died and the book didn't slow down after that. It ended on the craziest cliffhanger yet. There was more great found family in this one. The gang gets closer than ever and a couple new people enter the fray. The relationship between Rose and Fen is phenomenal. I loved Fen in the last book; I love him even more in this book. Rose and Kyor's relationship in this book is really endearing. Kyor is extremely supportive and understanding. He's really grown from book one and is starting to see his father is an intransigent dick bag who will never do right for the people. The ALC came a little later than the eARC but I received it only a day or so after I had started eye reading because I'm getting behind on my ARCs. I ploughed through this one in two or three days. The narration was great, as always. I love Anthony Palmini and Amanda Leigh Cobb. Now that I'm listening to audiobooks on a regular basis I appreciate their narration so much more. Overall, it was a fabulous book and I've very much looking forward to book four, which is the conclusion of the series.
Comments
Post a Comment