Skip to main content

YOP: Week 49

    I have some crafting progress to report.  I've been slowly working on a mug rug for my next swap.  I have the knitting part complete I need to do some embroidery.  

It's going to need blocking.  The cast on edge (at the top in this picture) want to fold over.  When I do some more of these I'm going to do a different cast on, this was a long tail.  I chose to weave the CC colors as I knit.  That first row of the lavender color turned out a bit wonky but so far its been a fun little project.  I'm using all scraps.  The purple is Queensland Collection Super Aussie from at least a decade ago.  The lavender is Cascade Heritage Silk from when I made my MIL a shawl again ages ago.  The pinkish redish in the middle is I think Noro Silk Garden, it didn't have a ball-band.  The chunky green is Happy Sheep Wool Print left over from my Permutation Hat and Mittens.  The Happy Sheep is a loosely spun single so its shedding already.  I grabbed quite a few yarns out of my scrap bin, so when I do another one of these I'm going to use the other chunky weight yarn I plucked out, which is a Manos del Uruguay yarn.  That's it for knitting.  I plan to sew something for this swap as well.  That's really it for me.  Reading has still been taking up all my free time, which is fine.

    I put out quite a few Ravelry inquiries for Malabrigo Sock yarn for Aunt Jane's scarf/shawl.  I've gotten one hit so far out of 10 or 15.  I'm going to give it a few more days then just order which colors I want, I guess.  It took me months and months to get the original yarn because I wanted to use exclusively destash yarn.  It adds another layer to the challenge but it is much easier to just order exactly what I want.  Okay now that's it for me.

-Q     

Comments

  1. Love the mug rug idea. Hmmm. Great way to use up scraps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beverage of Choice is the name of the pattern.

      Delete
  2. What a pretty mug rug that is going to be. And your knitting is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment