Skip to main content

Post 100, hurrah!

     Knit and Crochet Blog Week start tomorrow.  I really want post number 100 to be a normal one so I'm doing a quick update.  I've still been knitting dishcloths and I got some more cotton since I realized I was out of purple.  I want to do a rainbow set of ball band dishcloths and its sort of hard to do that without purple.  So here's what I've done:

Another Elvish Leaves Dishcloth in the Aloe Vera color.  I'm going to do another in a darker solid green.  I made this one while watching the third Hobbit movie, which was totally a coincidence.  I had to focus on this a bit so I really didn't even watch the movie too much anyway.  This makes a largeish cloth.  I love the lace patterned ones.  The other cloth I made was this one.
It's Ball Band Dishcloth.  I use the original Peaches and Crème version.  There are many versions and they're all the same.  I do cut out one pattern repeat to make them smaller.  So I always cast on 39 stitches.  I'm going to do a second one starting with a different shade of green and going to pink.  I think I might to a dish towel to go with these two and do the full rainbow in the towel.  The only thing that isn't fun about doing the rainbow is alllllll the ends to weave in. 

Here's the dishcloth cotton I picked up yesterday:

 
The colors are from the left Black Current, Bright Blue and Seaside Stripes. 
 
     I made another dishcloth this weekend.  It's a round pattern that was new to me.  It's similar to the other round ones I've made.  Most of them are a variation on a theme but each one is slightly different so I'll keep making them.  This one makes a good sized cloth, each point is a wedge but the center doesn't end up huge so cinching up is easy.  I didn't have to modify this one to make it lay nicely.  I like it.  It's called Petal Dishcloth.
 
    
     So there we have it, post number 100, yea!!!  Once Blog Week is over I might do a giveaway or something.  I should really do something with a bit more fanfare.  I do actually know where all my beading supplies are now so stitch markers...  Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  
Until later.  Happy Crafting!
-Q 
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YOP: Week 29

    The fair was a success.  My items did well and Liara got some ribbons as well.  We went to the parade on Tuesday, then down to the grounds once it was over.  We stopped by one local vender to grab some jewelry, grabbed some donuts from the Donut Diner then went to see how we placed.  Liara entered earrings that she hand-made with clay.  They did not place.  She entered a beaded bracelet that got first. She also entered three of her drawings.  A Pegasus, a bunny and a magical worm.  The bunny and the worm received third and the Pegasus received second.   The bunny is my personal favorite of all the drawings she's done.  There is always a really good turn out in the drawing and photography categories, so she was up against some stiff competition.  I'm really happy she received some ribbons. My items are as follows: Rotini Beanie; First Enchantress MKAL; First. Sunburst Potholder; Second.  Cow and Hen Dishcloth set; ...

YOP: Week 30

      I didn't have a very eventful crafting week.  My time was limited and I think the weather is affecting my knitting mojo.  I had to work last weekend so my husband picked up the items from the fair along with the help of our daughter.  It looks as though she was supposed to get a first place ribbon for her earrings but they forgot to attach the ribbon, or it was attached and fell off.  I'll get an official notification in the mail with our winnings in a few weeks.       My garden was looking really good, the peppers and carrots had almost completely regrown.  I made the comment to myself Saturday evening when I was watering everything that "oh wow its all looking really good."  My parents came over for lunch Sunday so I took my mom over to see the garden.  We've been busy so they haven't been over since we put in the raised beds.  Well, the joke was on me.  The deer or whatever it is came back and decim...

YOP: Week 31

    I finished the tote bag for my co-worker.  It turned out awesome.  I seriously thought about giving her the original one I made for myself and keeping this second one.   I had shown Nancy a selection of fabrics and let her pick which ones she wanted with the alpaca print.  I think her combo came out so nicely.  I finished everything up late in the evening, so the pictures are dark.  I also neglected to take a nice closeup of my fancy new tags.  I have two or three more bags planned out to do in the next couple weeks so hopefully I'll get a little better pictures. I finished the dishcloth I was working on yesterday and started another.   Revenge of Dish Rag Lizard Ridge I'm changing colors for each short row section.  I'm going for a rainbow.  I need to find more black for the ridges in between.      I have another project I should really be doing instead.  I need to dig around and find the yarn...