Skip to main content

YOP: Week 30 Lewis County Fair 24

     I wanted to do a quick update about the Fair.  We kept it really low key this year.  I entered 10 items into the fair and we only went one day to just look around.  We refrained from rides and excessive amounts of fair food.  So, onto my entries:

I entered: a sewn tote bag, which I think I blogged about a few weeks ago.  It got first place then went on to win Best in Show.

Sewn Tote with Best in Show ribbon
I also entered the beaded shawl I finished in June, that also won a blue ribbon and went on to receive Best in Show.

Beaded Holden mixed among other Best in Show items
Six of my other items also won blue ribbons:

Liara's socks

Mandy Cowl

Killer Queen Cowl

Clean Windmill Dishcloth set

Sacket's Harbor Mittens and Drops of Spring Fingerless Mitts

The second place ribbon I received for my Hum Beanie is also in this picture.  Then I received third place for Sunset Hat.
The first and second place entries for this class are in this picture as well.

This last one was the only class I wasn't pleased with.  I would have thought stranded knitting would place better than simple cables or block stripes... but it is what it is.  I don't think the judges are super experienced with knitting overall, so they probably don't know the differences in difficulty between techniques.  I'm still really happy with all my outcomes.  I've been hoping to get a Best in Show for the three years I've been doing this and this year I got two!

That's more or less it for this quick update.  We've been busy with appointments and keeping up with house projects.  There has been some crazy weather here recently.  We got some of the aftermath of hurricane Beryl, then just a week later we had a confirmed tornado in Sackets.  It rained like crazy here in Carthage, but luckily, we've avoided the flash flooding and wind damage that surrounding areas have been experiencing.

Until later.  Happy crafting.

-Q   








Comments

  1. What a successful fair!!! Your entries were indeed beautiful and deserved their blue ribbons. Big congratulations to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on all your fair entries and wonderful ribbons. I tend to agree about the judges and knitting. If the judges are not familiar with techniques it makes it difficult to honestly judge entries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations that’s amazing, 2 best in shows and all the other awards. Congratulations! 🙌

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz (Highlandheffalump) I wish I could get this log in fixed as I always forget to sign my posts.

      Delete
  4. All of your items are gorgeous and very deserving of their prizes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on all the great ribbons for your projects! I think it's fun that adults can enter projects at the 4-H fair. I haven't been to the fair in years, but when we used to go, somehow I was always fascinated with the adult projects.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YOP: Week 29

    The fair was a success.  My items did well and Liara got some ribbons as well.  We went to the parade on Tuesday, then down to the grounds once it was over.  We stopped by one local vender to grab some jewelry, grabbed some donuts from the Donut Diner then went to see how we placed.  Liara entered earrings that she hand-made with clay.  They did not place.  She entered a beaded bracelet that got first. She also entered three of her drawings.  A Pegasus, a bunny and a magical worm.  The bunny and the worm received third and the Pegasus received second.   The bunny is my personal favorite of all the drawings she's done.  There is always a really good turn out in the drawing and photography categories, so she was up against some stiff competition.  I'm really happy she received some ribbons. My items are as follows: Rotini Beanie; First Enchantress MKAL; First. Sunburst Potholder; Second.  Cow and Hen Dishcloth set; ...

YOP: Week 30

      I didn't have a very eventful crafting week.  My time was limited and I think the weather is affecting my knitting mojo.  I had to work last weekend so my husband picked up the items from the fair along with the help of our daughter.  It looks as though she was supposed to get a first place ribbon for her earrings but they forgot to attach the ribbon, or it was attached and fell off.  I'll get an official notification in the mail with our winnings in a few weeks.       My garden was looking really good, the peppers and carrots had almost completely regrown.  I made the comment to myself Saturday evening when I was watering everything that "oh wow its all looking really good."  My parents came over for lunch Sunday so I took my mom over to see the garden.  We've been busy so they haven't been over since we put in the raised beds.  Well, the joke was on me.  The deer or whatever it is came back and decim...

YOP: Week 34

     I did some crafting this week, but it was all for the swap.  I was nearly out of interfacing so I ran over to The Quilt Shop in Watertown.  I'd been there once a couple of years ago and thought their prices were very good considering they are independent and Joanne and Hobby Lobby were both in Watertown at the time.  They have really expanded and have a tremendous selection.  They have more novelty type fabrics now, which is what I prefer for my bags, so I will be going there much more often.... probably too much.  I got interfacing and I found two prints that were perfect for my swapee.  I really wasn't expecting to find what I did.  I sewed a bag with those two prints and two of the fabrics I picked up from Walmart.  The Walmart fabric was acceptable.  Not groundbreaking, but decent enough that if I find cute prints I'll probably grab them.  I finished the handknit earlier today.  I want to steam block it yet, ...