Skip to main content

StoryGraph Wrap Ups

    I use StoryGraph to track my reading progress.  I started using StoryGraph in addition to Goodreads a few years ago.  I chose StoryGraph for the statistics feature and ease of use compared to Goodreads.  I recently started looking more closely at the various features.  Now that I've read consistently for two months I looked at monthly comparisons and some other features.  I find this sort of data interesting so I thought to share my wrap-ups from September and October.

My average time to finish in September was thrown off by Dance of Kings and Thieves which I had started back in January of 2024 and then finished in September.  The print media vs digital is also incorrect because I selected the wrong version of Broken by Daylight.  I'd have to delete that one entirely and put in the dates for the digital version I did read, and frankly, I can't be bothered with that much fiddling.  Now, I'm much more careful about picking the correct edition when I start another book.  


My overall take-aways from each month:  
Favorite Book of September- The Garnet Daughter by Katrina Calandra
Favorite Surprise of September- Born of Starlight by Mariet Kay

Favorite Book of October- Reign of Stars and Fire by LJ Andrews
Favorite Surprise of October- City of Snakes by Mariet Kay

I really enjoyed the two books from Mariet Kay.  I had never heard of her prior to reading Born of Starlight and took a chance based on a review from an Instagram account I follow.  She recommends books that most other channels don't.  She really enjoys fairy tale retellings like I do, so I've added a bunch of her other recommendations to my TBR.  Katrina Calandra and LJ Andrews can do no wrong in my eyes, I've enjoyed everything I've read from both of them.  

StoryGraph is a good alternative to Goodreads or in my case, since I have my Kindle Unlimited account connected to Goodreads, a good companion to Goodreads.  I find StoryGraph much easier to navigate and record my reading progress.  I also enjoy participating in various reading challenges and following the updates from other users.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YOP: Week 29

    The fair was a success.  My items did well and Liara got some ribbons as well.  We went to the parade on Tuesday, then down to the grounds once it was over.  We stopped by one local vender to grab some jewelry, grabbed some donuts from the Donut Diner then went to see how we placed.  Liara entered earrings that she hand-made with clay.  They did not place.  She entered a beaded bracelet that got first. She also entered three of her drawings.  A Pegasus, a bunny and a magical worm.  The bunny and the worm received third and the Pegasus received second.   The bunny is my personal favorite of all the drawings she's done.  There is always a really good turn out in the drawing and photography categories, so she was up against some stiff competition.  I'm really happy she received some ribbons. My items are as follows: Rotini Beanie; First Enchantress MKAL; First. Sunburst Potholder; Second.  Cow and Hen Dishcloth set; ...

YOP: Week 30

      I didn't have a very eventful crafting week.  My time was limited and I think the weather is affecting my knitting mojo.  I had to work last weekend so my husband picked up the items from the fair along with the help of our daughter.  It looks as though she was supposed to get a first place ribbon for her earrings but they forgot to attach the ribbon, or it was attached and fell off.  I'll get an official notification in the mail with our winnings in a few weeks.       My garden was looking really good, the peppers and carrots had almost completely regrown.  I made the comment to myself Saturday evening when I was watering everything that "oh wow its all looking really good."  My parents came over for lunch Sunday so I took my mom over to see the garden.  We've been busy so they haven't been over since we put in the raised beds.  Well, the joke was on me.  The deer or whatever it is came back and decim...

YOP: Week 31

    I finished the tote bag for my co-worker.  It turned out awesome.  I seriously thought about giving her the original one I made for myself and keeping this second one.   I had shown Nancy a selection of fabrics and let her pick which ones she wanted with the alpaca print.  I think her combo came out so nicely.  I finished everything up late in the evening, so the pictures are dark.  I also neglected to take a nice closeup of my fancy new tags.  I have two or three more bags planned out to do in the next couple weeks so hopefully I'll get a little better pictures. I finished the dishcloth I was working on yesterday and started another.   Revenge of Dish Rag Lizard Ridge I'm changing colors for each short row section.  I'm going for a rainbow.  I need to find more black for the ridges in between.      I have another project I should really be doing instead.  I need to dig around and find the yarn...