Skip to main content

Born of Starlight

    Another week of reading and zero crafting here.  I wrote a review post earlier in the week for The Garnet Daughter and Where the Tide Meets the Sand.  That post is here.  I followed up those two reads with a req I found on Instagram.  I wish I could remember which account that req came from.  I finished Born of Starlight by Mariet Kay last evening.  


This was a loose Rapunzel retelling and the debut novel from this author.  It was really really good; I enjoyed it.  The FMC Asterie is an immortal enchantress and oracle who lives a secluded life in a tower in the Central Corridor.  There are 5 corridors total and each kingdom is advised by its corresponding immortal enchantress.  Asterie has never ventured out of her tower before but when she sees a prophesy foretelling the attack on her kingdom she decides she must act.  She corresponds with her queen who sends her most trusted Constable, Emmerick, to escort Asterie into the forest to the north to find a powerful Warlock, Fenris, thought dead in the hope he will aid the cause.  The world building in this book was vast and well detailed.  The magic and history; also vast and well detailed.  There is a sequel already out and I plan to read that next.

    My week was fairly busy I made two batches of soup for my lunches Tuesday evening.  Hubby and I ran errands Wednesday in prep for his surgery Friday, a fasciotomy.  The surgery went smoothly.  I made a batch of bread when we got home.  I will be doing some sewing this coming week.  I need to finish up the Halloween swap and get that mailed out.  That's it from me I think.  It's been cooler and I'm starting to get the itch to get some knitting done, so hopefully there will be some crafting on the blog front in the near future.  Until later.

-Q  

Comments

  1. Yum, the soup and bread sound wonderful. I just pulled banana muffins out of the oven for a Sunday morning treat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm soup and bread... sounds lovely. I made some chocolate cake for the boys, I doubt I will see much of it, but the quiche may get a look in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your husband’s surgery went well. It’s definitely soup season and hopefully you’ll find some time for knitting too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness you have been busy. No wonder crafting is taking a big seat. And now I want to make a big pot of soup. Thanks for the nudge

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YOP: Week 29

    The fair was a success.  My items did well and Liara got some ribbons as well.  We went to the parade on Tuesday, then down to the grounds once it was over.  We stopped by one local vender to grab some jewelry, grabbed some donuts from the Donut Diner then went to see how we placed.  Liara entered earrings that she hand-made with clay.  They did not place.  She entered a beaded bracelet that got first. She also entered three of her drawings.  A Pegasus, a bunny and a magical worm.  The bunny and the worm received third and the Pegasus received second.   The bunny is my personal favorite of all the drawings she's done.  There is always a really good turn out in the drawing and photography categories, so she was up against some stiff competition.  I'm really happy she received some ribbons. My items are as follows: Rotini Beanie; First Enchantress MKAL; First. Sunburst Potholder; Second.  Cow and Hen Dishcloth set; ...

YOP: Week 30

      I didn't have a very eventful crafting week.  My time was limited and I think the weather is affecting my knitting mojo.  I had to work last weekend so my husband picked up the items from the fair along with the help of our daughter.  It looks as though she was supposed to get a first place ribbon for her earrings but they forgot to attach the ribbon, or it was attached and fell off.  I'll get an official notification in the mail with our winnings in a few weeks.       My garden was looking really good, the peppers and carrots had almost completely regrown.  I made the comment to myself Saturday evening when I was watering everything that "oh wow its all looking really good."  My parents came over for lunch Sunday so I took my mom over to see the garden.  We've been busy so they haven't been over since we put in the raised beds.  Well, the joke was on me.  The deer or whatever it is came back and decim...

YOP: Week 31

    I finished the tote bag for my co-worker.  It turned out awesome.  I seriously thought about giving her the original one I made for myself and keeping this second one.   I had shown Nancy a selection of fabrics and let her pick which ones she wanted with the alpaca print.  I think her combo came out so nicely.  I finished everything up late in the evening, so the pictures are dark.  I also neglected to take a nice closeup of my fancy new tags.  I have two or three more bags planned out to do in the next couple weeks so hopefully I'll get a little better pictures. I finished the dishcloth I was working on yesterday and started another.   Revenge of Dish Rag Lizard Ridge I'm changing colors for each short row section.  I'm going for a rainbow.  I need to find more black for the ridges in between.      I have another project I should really be doing instead.  I need to dig around and find the yarn...