Skip to main content

More Yarn and a Few Finishes

     In preparation for knitting White Whiskers I've purchased some more Cascade 220 Superwash Sport to supplement what I have already.  I've also purchased the pattern, but I've realized I need to get some more needles, I think.  I'll be putting this pattern on the back burner for the time being.  I have several other projects ahead of this hat, even though I really really want to ignore everything else and knit this up.  Here are the three new colors I picked up:


I think I'm going to do gray cats with the turquoise back-ground and yellow cats with the dark green back-ground.  I'll have to figure out which other colors to use.  The hat needs four colors not including the little bits of white for the white whiskers.  I really enjoyed using the 220 Superwash Sport the last time I used it for a colorwork hat.  It's soft and durable, decent yardage for the price and its machine washable.  That's why I originally did a search for sport weight stranded color work items. 
     Alright on to the things I've finished; well, almost finished.  I need to pick out buttons, which I'm finding is a pesky process.  I think I need to go button shopping.

I finished the little Entrechat.  It just needs a button.
I also whipped up Sassafras.  This too needs a button.  This pattern is great and comes in child right up to adult sizes.  I'm thinking about picking up some more yarn and making one for myself.  I wish Christina wore hats, I would make her one to match Kylie's.  The MadTosh DK is great to work with, very soft and the color is very pretty.   I really need to get back to working on the purple shawl.  I don't have that much to go and I would like to have it ready by Christmas.  I took my wares to work and I've gotten two hat orders.  I need to shore up the details on them both or else I would start one now.  I have the next two days off for working this past weekend.  I may knit up the one and if the color is quite right just do it over.  I've been wanting to knit some more overly manly items.  I never seem to have any on hand and I have way more male co-workers at this job.  It would be a good dry run for the new pattern I want to try anyway.  Alrighty, more knitting updates to come.  We're supposed to be getting a pretty bad snow storm in the next day or so.  The North Country is getting hammered right now, two feet overnight and its still coming.  I find stormy dreary weather the perfect motivator for crafting.  Until later.  Happy Crafting!
-Q

Comments

  1. Did you get the snow? White Whiskers is awesome! I love the green one they show with the pompom....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny story actually, there is still green in Syracuse. It all hit west and north of us. We did get to go snowmobiling today in Lowville which is only 80 miles northeast of Syracuse. Gotta love the weather up here right!
      I can't wait to get to White Whiskers, I have a couple other things to finish first.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YOP: Week 29

    The fair was a success.  My items did well and Liara got some ribbons as well.  We went to the parade on Tuesday, then down to the grounds once it was over.  We stopped by one local vender to grab some jewelry, grabbed some donuts from the Donut Diner then went to see how we placed.  Liara entered earrings that she hand-made with clay.  They did not place.  She entered a beaded bracelet that got first. She also entered three of her drawings.  A Pegasus, a bunny and a magical worm.  The bunny and the worm received third and the Pegasus received second.   The bunny is my personal favorite of all the drawings she's done.  There is always a really good turn out in the drawing and photography categories, so she was up against some stiff competition.  I'm really happy she received some ribbons. My items are as follows: Rotini Beanie; First Enchantress MKAL; First. Sunburst Potholder; Second.  Cow and Hen Dishcloth set; ...

YOP: Week 30

      I didn't have a very eventful crafting week.  My time was limited and I think the weather is affecting my knitting mojo.  I had to work last weekend so my husband picked up the items from the fair along with the help of our daughter.  It looks as though she was supposed to get a first place ribbon for her earrings but they forgot to attach the ribbon, or it was attached and fell off.  I'll get an official notification in the mail with our winnings in a few weeks.       My garden was looking really good, the peppers and carrots had almost completely regrown.  I made the comment to myself Saturday evening when I was watering everything that "oh wow its all looking really good."  My parents came over for lunch Sunday so I took my mom over to see the garden.  We've been busy so they haven't been over since we put in the raised beds.  Well, the joke was on me.  The deer or whatever it is came back and decim...

YOP: Week 31

    I finished the tote bag for my co-worker.  It turned out awesome.  I seriously thought about giving her the original one I made for myself and keeping this second one.   I had shown Nancy a selection of fabrics and let her pick which ones she wanted with the alpaca print.  I think her combo came out so nicely.  I finished everything up late in the evening, so the pictures are dark.  I also neglected to take a nice closeup of my fancy new tags.  I have two or three more bags planned out to do in the next couple weeks so hopefully I'll get a little better pictures. I finished the dishcloth I was working on yesterday and started another.   Revenge of Dish Rag Lizard Ridge I'm changing colors for each short row section.  I'm going for a rainbow.  I need to find more black for the ridges in between.      I have another project I should really be doing instead.  I need to dig around and find the yarn...