Skip to main content

Year of Projects: Week 45

    No post last week as we were all down with a nasty stomach bug.  I finally started feeling better on Friday.  I didn't get very much done because of it.  I didn't even get out of bed last Sunday.  I was able to finish the Sunset Hat.  


I think it turned out nicely.  I was worried the Glitter and the Sunset colorways would be too similar, which is why I put the English Rose in between them, but I think the combo works pretty well.  I finished up one more dish cloth; another Star Fish type so I won't post another identical picture.  I've made one more dishcloth since the Nerdopolis tournament ended on the 30th.  We're in a break month now.  I had hoped to get a few rows done on my Holden shawl, but that didn't happen.  I'm going to try to get it done this month.

    There is a fiber festival in June, the CNY Fiber Fest, so I'm starting to plan for that.  I went last year and it was very fun.  I've perused the vendor list already.  Many of the ones from last year will be there again.  I want to make myself a plan, its large enough to get overwhelmed, so I'm going to be strict with myself this year.  Last year I just picked up what I thought was pretty, which is a totally acceptable way to do things.  However, I've paired very few of my purchases with patterns and haven't knit up any of the yarn yet.  This year I'm going to pick two or three patterns and get yarn specifically for these projects.  I'll see which strategy works better for me.  

    The weather has finally felt spring like for the last few days.  I weeded my front flower bed.  It needs its new coating of mulch.  I picked up an antique table and chair set yesterday.  We're going to eventually refinish it.  The table top has a few scratches but its in very good condition considering its from 1938.  I didn't think to take pictures once we got it in the garage last evening.  I'm hoping to start some gardening in the next few weeks.  It's still a little early for us.  We did transplant some rhubarb.  It then froze again and snowed, so I was afraid we'd lost the plants, all survived except one.  I think that's more or less all from me this week.  I've been just plugging away at work/life.  We'll be celebrating the third anniversary of buying the house at the end of this month.  I have a bunch of stuff in the basement that hasn't been unpacked so it's time to go through it and really evaluate why I'm keeping it.  There will probably be a few yard sales in my future.

Until later.  

-Q      


Comments

  1. I like the sunset hat. Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well though. I bet if you haven't needed those things in the last 3 years you can probably live without them...but its just so hard to get rid of stuff though. It's a constant struggle for me anyway. I'm glad the plants survived the frost and snow. Liz (highlandheffalump)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the hat turned out lovely. As a former CNYer well I know the "sprng" in the area. Glad to hear you are beginning to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hat turned out great. I love the pink. It really does look like sunset. I'm so sorry to hear you were ill last weekend. Glad you are feeling better. Have fun at the fiber festival. Ours is in September. I think I've totally blown my more yarn out than in goal this year. I just bought a kit that I'll discuss in next week's blog if it arrives. I still need to buy more yarn from Miss Babs to go with the Miss Babs yarn I bought in March. I'm so proud of myself when I eliminate a yarn storage bin but it looks like I'll be bringing one back out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hat is quite striking. I like the rose color that is breaking up the other colors. How nice to have a fiber fest close by to go to. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Year of Projects: Week 13

     I've started my "new" job/contract.  I've worked for this company before, just not at this site.  I brought a few projects with me, but I quickly ran out of yarn.  I've been working on a dishtowel.  I'm combining two patterns to make it.  I'm using the premise of  Stay Put Kitchen Towel  with the stitch pattern of  Lizard Ridge Dishcloth .  I, of course, don't have a picture yet of the towel.  I took my book of postcards and colored pencils with me.  I've colored in two of the postcards in between knitting.     When I got home at the end of the week, I had two packages waiting for me.  I received an angel package for one of the swaps I did a few months ago. The cowl and headband are made from handspun yarn.  They are very soft and pretty.  My angel got me a lanyard set perfect for fall.  The black kitty looks alot like Jangles and the flowers are very fall colored.  There's a pair of snippy style scissors.  I love this style of

Year of Projects: Week 11

    I'm actually updating on a Sunday for once!  I don't have too much to update, so it'll be short and sweet.  I had mentioned that I washed and blocked the Drops of Spring Mitts.  I got them off the blockers and took a couple decent pictures outside in good light.  So here they are all finished. I used the smallest size of the three blockers.  The middle size stretched the fabric too much.  Blocking really evened these out and even though I didn't toss these in the dryer to spring the super-wash Mal Rios back into shape it sproinged back all on its own.                        I need to weigh these yet so I can figure out approximate yardage used, but my guess is its not really much of either of the three colors.  I hope to do at least one more pair of these.  I have so many little mini left-over skeins, its a great pattern to get those used up.     I made homemade pizza on Wednesday.  I use  this  recipe in my bread machine for the dough.  It calls for a teaspoon of a

Year of Projects: Week 33

     I started a pair of socks for myself.  I'm not good about checking gauge for anything.  So very quickly I realized the sock was looking very small.  I decided to keep going and make them for Liara instead.  I had her try it on after I turned the heel and it fit her perfectly.