Skip to main content

Knit and Crochet Blog Week Day 4

Day Four:  Color Review
What are your favorite colors for knitted or crocheted projects. Have a think about what colors you seem to favor when yarn shopping and crafting.

Only after writing this part of your post should you then actually look to see what colors you have used in your projects. Make a quick tally of what colors you have used in your projects over the past year and compare it to the colors you have written about. Compare this, in turn, to the colors that are most dominant in your yarn stash – do they correlate?

Now think back to your house animal - do the colors you have chosen relate to your animal in anyway - if you are in the house of peacock, for example, are your projects often multicolored and bright?



My favorite colors are blue and purple, generally speaking.  When it comes to knitting projects the order is purple then blue and gray makes its way in there.  (I don't know why, that's just how it is.)  I do also like a bit of green every now and then.  Okay I'm going to look at my projects, now lets see what I come up with:

Purple:  7                    

Blue:  11           

Gray:  4          

Green:  2

Variegated Combo:  9

Other:  26  (black, white, yellow, orange, pink and brown)

Apparently I'm wrong, blue wins out for the projects.  Perhaps its more recently that purple has taken over my color palate.  I went back to May 1st of last year to check the projects.

Okay let me go look at my stash:

Purple:  9 (16)

Blue:  11 (18)

Gray:  7 (10)

Green:  7 (12)

Variegated Combo:  6 (8)

Other:  13 (17)  (black, white, yellow, orange, pink and natural)

Look at that, blue again.  I went back to June of last year for stash acquisition.  Blue has been my favorite color since I can remember so its not a bad thing, like I said, I really thought I was leaning toward purple now.  I didn't count actual skeins of each color, I just went with the entry on the stash page.... maybe that would make a difference...  one sec.  Okay, the number in parentheses above is the actual number of skeins in each color, so that's more accurate now.  Blue still wins out.

As far as how color relates to House MonkBee?  I'm not really sure.  There are purple flowers in nature that honey bees would visit.  There aren't too many natural blue plants in the world.  Different species of monkeys are gray, but other than a blue assed baboon I don't think blue or purple pops up too often...  hmmm.  Also, I'm pretty sure baboons are not monkeys, I guess I need to brush up on my zoology, the Kratt brothers would be very disappointed in me right now.  So I leave you with misconception and disappointment evidently.  
I did find a cute monkey pattern on Ravelry... Monkey Jacobus.
Happy Crafting!
-Q
   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YOP: Week 29

    The fair was a success.  My items did well and Liara got some ribbons as well.  We went to the parade on Tuesday, then down to the grounds once it was over.  We stopped by one local vender to grab some jewelry, grabbed some donuts from the Donut Diner then went to see how we placed.  Liara entered earrings that she hand-made with clay.  They did not place.  She entered a beaded bracelet that got first. She also entered three of her drawings.  A Pegasus, a bunny and a magical worm.  The bunny and the worm received third and the Pegasus received second.   The bunny is my personal favorite of all the drawings she's done.  There is always a really good turn out in the drawing and photography categories, so she was up against some stiff competition.  I'm really happy she received some ribbons. My items are as follows: Rotini Beanie; First Enchantress MKAL; First. Sunburst Potholder; Second.  Cow and Hen Dishcloth set; ...

YOP: Week 30

      I didn't have a very eventful crafting week.  My time was limited and I think the weather is affecting my knitting mojo.  I had to work last weekend so my husband picked up the items from the fair along with the help of our daughter.  It looks as though she was supposed to get a first place ribbon for her earrings but they forgot to attach the ribbon, or it was attached and fell off.  I'll get an official notification in the mail with our winnings in a few weeks.       My garden was looking really good, the peppers and carrots had almost completely regrown.  I made the comment to myself Saturday evening when I was watering everything that "oh wow its all looking really good."  My parents came over for lunch Sunday so I took my mom over to see the garden.  We've been busy so they haven't been over since we put in the raised beds.  Well, the joke was on me.  The deer or whatever it is came back and decim...

YOP: Week 31

    I finished the tote bag for my co-worker.  It turned out awesome.  I seriously thought about giving her the original one I made for myself and keeping this second one.   I had shown Nancy a selection of fabrics and let her pick which ones she wanted with the alpaca print.  I think her combo came out so nicely.  I finished everything up late in the evening, so the pictures are dark.  I also neglected to take a nice closeup of my fancy new tags.  I have two or three more bags planned out to do in the next couple weeks so hopefully I'll get a little better pictures. I finished the dishcloth I was working on yesterday and started another.   Revenge of Dish Rag Lizard Ridge I'm changing colors for each short row section.  I'm going for a rainbow.  I need to find more black for the ridges in between.      I have another project I should really be doing instead.  I need to dig around and find the yarn...