Skip to main content

Dishcloths, Hats and Cakes; Oh My!

     To say I've been busy lately would be an understatement.  Still working evenings on top of the two nights I agreed to and my normal weekends.  I've also been getting cake orders again.  I love to bake and everyone at work seems to think my scratch cakes are special somehow.  Baking I guess is genetic memory too.  So awhile back I established that I would bake for a nominal fee.  I did the goodbye cake for a co-worker who is transferring to another site.  I am about to finish an anniversary cake for another co-worker.  Yesterday I frantically made brownies for a birthday.  I like to stay busy but this may be getting ridiculous.  Okay on to knitting.  I finished Vinyard.  It looks horrible but, I finally figured out the pattern (on the last repeat).  I plan to try that one again, hopefully with more success this time.  I also finished the baby hat, that one I am super happy with.  Now I am pounding out dishcloths.  I have a co-worker who orders thirty each year for her husbands co-workers.  This year I plan to get a head start on them.  I also have been tinkering with crocheted tea towel toppers.  The first one I did, I used Red Heart.  I didn't care for the texture, so for the last two I've used regular dishcloth cotton.  I have lots, and a better selection of colors.  I am much happier with the cotton toppers.  I'm going to get some new towels and start offering those too.  Alright picture time:
Vinyard
Evidently I took a bunch of pictures with my phone and subsequently they are not in my computer.  So picture time will be at a later date.

Comments

  1. Hi, I can't find this pattern anymore. Could you please share?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you don't mind sending me your email address I can send you the pattern that way. Its a bit long to type out in the comments.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YOP: Week 29

    The fair was a success.  My items did well and Liara got some ribbons as well.  We went to the parade on Tuesday, then down to the grounds once it was over.  We stopped by one local vender to grab some jewelry, grabbed some donuts from the Donut Diner then went to see how we placed.  Liara entered earrings that she hand-made with clay.  They did not place.  She entered a beaded bracelet that got first. She also entered three of her drawings.  A Pegasus, a bunny and a magical worm.  The bunny and the worm received third and the Pegasus received second.   The bunny is my personal favorite of all the drawings she's done.  There is always a really good turn out in the drawing and photography categories, so she was up against some stiff competition.  I'm really happy she received some ribbons. My items are as follows: Rotini Beanie; First Enchantress MKAL; First. Sunburst Potholder; Second.  Cow and Hen Dishcloth set; ...

YOP: Week 30

      I didn't have a very eventful crafting week.  My time was limited and I think the weather is affecting my knitting mojo.  I had to work last weekend so my husband picked up the items from the fair along with the help of our daughter.  It looks as though she was supposed to get a first place ribbon for her earrings but they forgot to attach the ribbon, or it was attached and fell off.  I'll get an official notification in the mail with our winnings in a few weeks.       My garden was looking really good, the peppers and carrots had almost completely regrown.  I made the comment to myself Saturday evening when I was watering everything that "oh wow its all looking really good."  My parents came over for lunch Sunday so I took my mom over to see the garden.  We've been busy so they haven't been over since we put in the raised beds.  Well, the joke was on me.  The deer or whatever it is came back and decim...

YOP: Week 34

     I did some crafting this week, but it was all for the swap.  I was nearly out of interfacing so I ran over to The Quilt Shop in Watertown.  I'd been there once a couple of years ago and thought their prices were very good considering they are independent and Joanne and Hobby Lobby were both in Watertown at the time.  They have really expanded and have a tremendous selection.  They have more novelty type fabrics now, which is what I prefer for my bags, so I will be going there much more often.... probably too much.  I got interfacing and I found two prints that were perfect for my swapee.  I really wasn't expecting to find what I did.  I sewed a bag with those two prints and two of the fabrics I picked up from Walmart.  The Walmart fabric was acceptable.  Not groundbreaking, but decent enough that if I find cute prints I'll probably grab them.  I finished the handknit earlier today.  I want to steam block it yet, ...