Skip to main content

The Great Readathon

 


I'm currently participating in the Readathon taking place in the Wicked Darlings Facebook group.  The Wicked Darlings group is the LJ Andrews fan club.  Those who have decided to participate are reading all nine books of The Broken Kingdom series and then the three books that are released from The Ever Seas series in preparation/celebration of the October release of The Stolen Crown.  There is a timeline for the reads but its really just a loose guideline.  I'm hosting buddy reads on StoryGraph for the books.  I finished Curse of Shadows and Thorns last evening and I'm already nearly halfway through book two, Court of Ice and Ash now.

   


Anyone who knows me knows I love LJ Andrews and these two series.  I first read these first 6 books about three years ago.  It's been great fun to revisit this world and pick out details I missed the first time around.  I know these characters and events so I can see the foreshadowing, see the little clues I didn't the first time.  It is a little bittersweet though seeing certain characters again when I know their ultimate fate.  I have several ARC on my plate so after I finish this book I'll be diving into the April releases.  I believe I have three, so far.  I have so many book releases in the coming months that I'm keeping a calendar now of just books. 

If you've ever wanted an excuse to dive into The Broken Kingdoms or The Ever Seas now would be a great time.  There are discussions on the Facebook group.  LJ herself will be doing zoom meetings and there will be some prizes at some point.     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YOP: Week 29

    The fair was a success.  My items did well and Liara got some ribbons as well.  We went to the parade on Tuesday, then down to the grounds once it was over.  We stopped by one local vender to grab some jewelry, grabbed some donuts from the Donut Diner then went to see how we placed.  Liara entered earrings that she hand-made with clay.  They did not place.  She entered a beaded bracelet that got first. She also entered three of her drawings.  A Pegasus, a bunny and a magical worm.  The bunny and the worm received third and the Pegasus received second.   The bunny is my personal favorite of all the drawings she's done.  There is always a really good turn out in the drawing and photography categories, so she was up against some stiff competition.  I'm really happy she received some ribbons. My items are as follows: Rotini Beanie; First Enchantress MKAL; First. Sunburst Potholder; Second.  Cow and Hen Dishcloth set; ...

YOP: Week 30

      I didn't have a very eventful crafting week.  My time was limited and I think the weather is affecting my knitting mojo.  I had to work last weekend so my husband picked up the items from the fair along with the help of our daughter.  It looks as though she was supposed to get a first place ribbon for her earrings but they forgot to attach the ribbon, or it was attached and fell off.  I'll get an official notification in the mail with our winnings in a few weeks.       My garden was looking really good, the peppers and carrots had almost completely regrown.  I made the comment to myself Saturday evening when I was watering everything that "oh wow its all looking really good."  My parents came over for lunch Sunday so I took my mom over to see the garden.  We've been busy so they haven't been over since we put in the raised beds.  Well, the joke was on me.  The deer or whatever it is came back and decim...

YOP: Week 31

    I finished the tote bag for my co-worker.  It turned out awesome.  I seriously thought about giving her the original one I made for myself and keeping this second one.   I had shown Nancy a selection of fabrics and let her pick which ones she wanted with the alpaca print.  I think her combo came out so nicely.  I finished everything up late in the evening, so the pictures are dark.  I also neglected to take a nice closeup of my fancy new tags.  I have two or three more bags planned out to do in the next couple weeks so hopefully I'll get a little better pictures. I finished the dishcloth I was working on yesterday and started another.   Revenge of Dish Rag Lizard Ridge I'm changing colors for each short row section.  I'm going for a rainbow.  I need to find more black for the ridges in between.      I have another project I should really be doing instead.  I need to dig around and find the yarn...